Blackhawk 94 Shearing Comb
All purpose flared comb for small flocks and show animals. 3.1 mm thick, 94 mm wide with long bevels.
- For blocking show sheep
- For shearing fine and medium wooled sheep with sticky/tight fleeces (best done by expert shearers)
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing fine and medium wooled sheep with sticky/tight fleeces (best done by expert shearers)
- 13 tooth
- 3.1 mm thick, 94 mm wide
- Long bevel
- Both sides are flared
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are installed as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Deb D from Missouri
Love the fast reliable service. This comb works great for Angora goats and my sheep.
Great for fitting sheep for show or slick shearing for the summer. We fit seven to nine head and slick three or four rams, and eight to ten yearling ewes. We learned a new trick while shearing. Have a bucket of hot water handy, and periodically dip the comb and cutter in the water to clean the grease and dirt off, then apply oil and continue shearing. In this way we were able to complete all our shearing with one set of comb and cutter. And it was cutting as well at the end as at the beginning.