- Twin beveled, 13 teeth (every other one elevated)
- 3.65 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Fits any 3" shearing head
How to Use
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
Sharpening and Cleaning
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb & cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clippers and Shears - LargeItem #829000 -
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.$318.00
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Scott O from Illinois
This comb along with the ceramic cutter were the best purchases I could have made. I went from 3 hours per animal shear time to 30 minutes! I wish I had found Premier 1 a long time ago, I could have saved myself hours of work. I am actually looking forward to shearing my 11 Alpacas next spring.
John W from Ohio
These combs are perfect for alpacas because of the raise in the fingers keeps you from snagging skin
Terry S from california
very happy with my blades. Bought 2 sets but was able to shear 2 alpacas with only one set. Worked great. No nicks, cuts or wounds of any kind. paid for themselves the first time I used them by not having to pay someone else to do the job.
Doug N from iowa
Sheared my first alpaca with it. Went great no nicks no cuts and no blood very happy.