Specialized Heiniger comb for shearing. Leaves a cover of 6-10 mm of hair/wool. 3.65 mm thick, 77 mm wide.
For shearing llamas, alpacas, camels, vincunas and guanacos.
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Shearing llamas, alpacas, camels, vincunas and guanacos
- 13 tooth (every other one elevated)
- 3.65 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Twin beveled
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are installed as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
#10 White Clipping Oil, 4 oz bottleItem #258200 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$3.20
Combs and Cutters - Large
Comb LifterItem #862700 -
Leaves a layer up to 0.75" of uncut fiber on camelids, goats and other hair species.$5.00
Combs and Cutters - Large
Ceramic CutterItem #850040 -
Holds cutting edge up to 3 times as long as normal cutters.$16.00
Spitfire CutterItem #850000 -
Standard 4 point cutter for shearing machines. Works well with Premiers combs and shearing heads.$9.50
Storm Shearing CutterItem #850030 -
The tooth shape of this cutter enables it to run evenly across the comb. Use with 9-tooth combs like our Apache.$11.00
Premier Comb/Cutter BoxItem #824606 -
Use this handy box to keep expensive combs and cutters organized, clean, safe and lubricated.$3.20
Comb ScrewdriverItem #824600 -
For securing combs to shearing machines. Provides more leverage than a normal screwdriver and fits comb screws on all major shearing units.$3.00
Imprinting - Large Clipper Blades, Combs or Cutters (each)Item #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Randy B from Montana
They look good but have not used them yet.
Scott O from Illinois
This comb along with the ceramic cutter were the best purchases I could have made. I went from 3 hours per animal shear time to 30 minutes! I wish I had found Premier 1 a long time ago, I could have saved myself hours of work. I am actually looking forward to shearing my 11 Alpacas next spring.
John W from Ohio
These combs are perfect for alpacas because of the raise in the fingers keeps you from snagging skin
Terry S from california
very happy with my blades. Bought 2 sets but was able to shear 2 alpacas with only one set. Worked great. No nicks, cuts or wounds of any kind. paid for themselves the first time I used them by not having to pay someone else to do the job.
Doug N from iowa
Sheared my first alpaca with it. Went great no nicks no cuts and no blood very happy.