High end ceramic cutter. Holds cutting edge up to 3 times as long as normal cutters.
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Cannot be resharpened
- If dropped, they may break
- They will not fit Premier's old (silver/black) shear head or Oster/Sunbeam heads
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions above.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #829000 -
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.$318.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
John K from Wisconsin
Thought I would give these a try,they worked great. I can get anywhere from 20-30 alpaca done on one cutter and 2-3 combs. Doing up to 1000 a year, wish I had these 14 years ago, would have saved me hours of sharpening! Yes these can be resharped on diamond hones with no noticeable loss in shearing quality or quantity.
Elaine L from California
I love this cutter. It made shearing much easier than the metal cutter we used before even though the metal one was brand new - no frustrations, no hassles. It Just Worked and cut so easily.
Scott O from Illinois
Worked spectacularly with my camel if comb on Alpaca fleece. No more overheating clipper heads and hair getting lodged between the comb and cutter. I don't know how many animals I can shear without a touch up sharpening as I only used it on 3 animals, but I look forward to doing the whole herd next year. Oil is a must every time you change position.
I sheared 2 llamas that are 4-5 years old and had NEVER been sheared before. They're coats were a mess! After reading the other reviews of this cutter, I decided to order it. It worked AMAZINGLY well! It really was like a hot knife through butter! Fast shearing meant less stress for the animals and me too ;-)
Michael D from Laun D from Central Pennsylvania
I wanted to update my earlier review. This season, I have sheared 22 alpacas on one comb and cutter!!! They are amazing!