High end ceramic cutter. Holds cutting edge up to 3 times as long as normal cutters.
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Cannot be resharpened
- If dropped, they may break
- They will not fit Premier's old (silver/black) shear head or Oster/Sunbeam heads
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions above.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb (bevel) to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #829000 -
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.$318.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Lucas v from ND
I only use ceramic cutters while clipping sale bulls. They cut through the dirty, cruddy hair so well. I recently clipped 61 sale animals on one comb and ceramic cutter.
Anthony M from Iowa
I bought Premier1's 4000s shearing machine to shear my lambs I was feeding out. These were dirty lambs and "mud" balls on their butts. I ordered a ceramic cutter because of the great reviews. The factory set of comb and cutter didn't work well on the first 2 lambs either because I was inexperienced or because the lambs were so dirty. I switched to the ceramic cutter and it was like MAGIC! Instantly became easy to shear and was like a hot knife through butter. Had no issues after that and sheared 55 lambs without a problem and the cutter stayed sharp even on the last lamb. I will definitely be ordered more ceramic cutters and may never use my metal one again.
Sarah S from Rudy, AR
Awesome! Run cooler, stays sharper MUCH longer, especially on dirty wool, and gives a great finish cut on show animals.
Glenn G from Kansas
Spent last year working on a diamond hone that would sharpen the ceramic cutter. Ended up with the 4 by 10 inch dursharp diamond hone in course and fine and a fine and extra fine, 325 grit, 600 grit and 1200 grit. I sharpen the cutter about every 8 to 10 alpacas using 2 combs. The wear on the combs is much less and they sharpen much quicker especially the 9 tooth. Instead of 2 maybe 3 alpacas per cutter/comb I easily double that with less wear and better cutting. The diamond hones run about $100 each on amazon.
jerry h from Ontario
As a beginner I really liked the ceramic cutters as I could shear much longer without having to change cutters, they stay sharp much longer especially on wool with dirt in it. also the shearing video's gave me the confidence to try shearing again.