- Box: 12"L x 12.5"W x 15"H (approx size)
- Perch: 12"L x 9"W (approx size)
- Roll Out Tray: 4"L x 12.5"W (17.5"L complete tray) | Flap: 5.25"L x 11"W (approx size)
- The perch assembly easily slides out, providing full access to clean the ChickBox
- May be washed or hosed down for cleaning
- Roll Out Tray (described below)
- Manufactured with Natural Polypropylene Impact Copolymer that complies with FDA food additive regulation 21CFR177.1520(c)3.1a.
- Easy to clean.
- Will not rot or rust like metal or wood laying boxes.
- Since it's injection molded, there are no cracks or crevices for poultry mites (red mites) to hide.
- Fold-up perch is nifty front perch folds up to keep broody hens out at night. Perch also allows droppings to fall clear of the nesting area.
- The roll-out nest tray is optional. Speeds egg collection. Eggs stay clean (no droppings on them) and safe from pecking. Improves hygiene and speeds up egg collection. Keeps eggs cleaner as they roll away after being laid. Flap prevents any egg pecking or soiling.
- Interlocking system allows multiple boxes snap together with locking side tabs.
- Made of plastic—safer and easier to clean. Unlike metal it won’t rust and has no sharp edges. And unlike wood there are no splinters and it doesn’t harbor mites. Can be easily hosed down with water and disinfectant for cleaning.
How to Use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Bonita S from Maryland
I like the nest boxes. My hens not so much. They are laying in their old boxes still, but few are using the new boxes. Some are making a nest on the floor to lay their eggs. I got this nesting box because one is eating her eggs. So I hope all will eventually use it.
Suzanne J from Missouri
Worked perfectly. Snapped in snuggly.
Sherry E from Indiana
I was really surprised when I went looking to see if I could get replacement perches for my boxes. Glad you had them. The boxes are still in good shape, just my girls are so fat they wore the perch out. Thank you again for having them.
Barbara T from Upstate NY
Hens land I like this product better than Nest-O-Matic. I get more unbroken eggs, but hens can still get their heads into the egg collection tray.
Marian S from Wisconsin
Fast service on parts to a product that I have had for years and am happy with after the company worked out one serious problem.