Chicken Net 12/48/3
A prefabricated fence that has 12 horizontal twines (11 conductive); is 48" tall installed, and has string verticals every 3". Keeps in chickens, ducks, geese and other poultry while keeping their ground based predators out.
White PVC posts are built into the mesh every 13.5 ft. The result, when energized properly, is a nearly impenetrable mesh to sheep, goats, coyotes and dogs.
How does it compare to PoultryNet?
- Has 10 times more electrical resistance (380 Ω/1000 ft) so it's less suited for fences more than 1000 ft long.
- Not as easy to handle during removal and installation (longer length between posts means more material to fold/roll).
- Yellow color not as visible in light/dark situations as white/black.
- To contain and control the movement of chickens, ducks and other poultry.
- To prevent raccoons, coyotes, foxes, bears, dogs and other nonflying predators from killing poultry.
- To rotate poultry to fresh grass and to reduce disease risks.
- Lengths: 82' or 164'
- Color: Yellow
- Spike: Single (length: 6", diameter: .26")
- Number of horizontal strands: 12
- Height (in inches) of net installed: 48"
- Number (of inches) between verticals: 3
- Number (of feet) between built-in posts: 13.5'
- Line Posts (PVC): .60" dia (15mm - NetPost 15)
- #208436 - $0.85 per ft (164' roll with single spike posts)
- #208437 - $1.22 per ft (82' roll with single spike posts)
Remember…netting must always be properly electrified!
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
It has 380 ohms of resistance instead of 38 so it’s not advised for fences longer than 2 to 3 nets.
Note: We’re aware that the lower price of this net will encourage folks to choose this version. Think carefully before you do so. Customers who are unhappy with netting are often those who’ve chosen its farmstore/catalog equivalents. So why do we offer it? Because it is similar to nets from other sources—and comparisons make decisions easier.
If unsure, give us a call at 800-282-6631 and ask to speak to consultant. They will help you make the optimal netting choice for your fencing needs.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Posts and AccessoriesItem #202202 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$2.32
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200800 -
Clip designed for the spikes on standard netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand from sliding up and creating a gap at the bottom of the net.$0.12
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #202203 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.575" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Marie K from Maryland
This was the best product I have ever used and so easy to install. We've had high winds and the fence has held up.
Steven C from New York
Keeps the chickens from disturbing the rest of the laboriously set out organic truck farm. Works well. Right item, right price, quickly shipped.