Clipper Head Only
- Sleek, low-profile ribs makes it easier to grip the tension knob.
- Shorter tension bolt equals fewer turns needed to reset tension, so you spend less time changing and tensioning blades.
- Internal roller bearings instead of sleeve bushings create less heat so they last longer.
- Stainless steel inserts that are riveted in reduce the possibility of the inserts becoming loose.
- Round steel drive in place of a plastic bushing makes fitting the top blade easier.
- Requires 2 screws for attaching to motor. Sold separately.
- Requires a screwdriver and about 3 minutes to change heads.
- Will drive Premier and Lister clipper blades.
Need replacement parts? See "Replacement Parts Tab" above.
Less 'down' time when changing blades. Runs cooler.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound.
Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
AccessoriesItem #82800409 -
REPLACEMENT PARTS ONLY for the Premier 4000c clipper head.$4.25
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Linda K from Michigan
I bought this to replace my old clipper head that no longer worked right. Since putting the new head on the motor I'm back to clipping show lambs with my favorite set of clippers!
Mary D from Kansas
Looking back on it, I should have bought the clipper head first instead of the shearing head. It is fantastic. I use it to shear my colored angora goats, and it is lightweight, easy to handle and best of all, cuts through the mohair like butter without nicking my goats, as the shearing head can.
I use the medium clipper blade set, and I love them.