Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cody K from Wisconsin
Quieter than other models of shears I've used. Blades and set up are nice, and the body is small enough to fit my hand comfortably. My girls arent afraid of it and the vibration is minimal to other models. Ordered the 13 tooth comb set.
Elizabeth R from Ontario, Canada
We were desperate. The only person in our isolated area was not able to shear our flock after being booked to do them. I am a complete novice with electric shears although I hand shear, and our 25 sheep were very overgrown by then, so I desperately researched various shearing machines. We settled on this one. Less than a week from the arrival of the shears, all of the sheep are done, the combs and cutters are ready to be shipped back for sharpening for next year, and my husband and I are amazed at the user friendly design of the product, and, the excellent service from Premier. The efficiency with which this product allowed us to deal with shearing on our own has been really satisfying. Highly recommended!
Mark S from Kansas
Amazing product. Still learning how to shear but this will definitely do the Job. We have alpacas and it went right through their fleece with no problem. Since we only have the one shearer we did have to let it cool down a bit during the process. We purchased the ceramic blade really like it.
Benjamin O from Oregon
Could not find any clippers that would shear our alpaca. Ordered the 4000S with 13 tooth comb and 4 point spitfire. Hardly would cut through the wool. Adjusted blades as instructed in the video. Not sure it blade was dull or alpaca was too dirty. Jury still out.
Kathi C from Colorado
Thank you for the incredible service I received. It's been a very long time since I've dealt with a company so customer oriented as yours. I sent in a pair of shearers for repair and got them back in record time. The turn around time was incredible. I have 6 sets of your clippers and shearers. I'm sold on Premier products and I will be telling all my friends about your products. THANK YOU!!!