Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages includes:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Easier to handle
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- 2700 strokes per minute cutting speed
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors. Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads—so the heads run 20°F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors
- Smaller grip than other motors
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers)
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity)
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth)
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily)
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers)
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord
- Designed and assembled in USA from domestic and foreign parts
Preparing the Animal for Clipping
- Remove the dirt from the hair first. If this is not done, expect accelerated blade wear and a reduction in animals clipped between blade sharpenings in exact proportion to the amount of dirt present. The benefits of dirt removal prior to clipping cannot be over-emphasized. Example: Those who wash their lambs prior to clipping often clip 20–30 club lambs between sharpenings (if the blades have been sharpened properly on a lapping machine). Those who don’t and have lambs with sand and soil in the wool often clip less than two lambs between sharpenings.
- Washing the animal with soap and water removes the most dirt. If this is not practical, use a high power vacuum or blower to remove as much dirt as possible from the hair or wool.
- Restrain the animal. Few animals like the sound of a clipper or the feel of vibration on their skin. When they react to either without warning, accidents can and will happen. Therefore, for the sake of you, your animal and your clipper, restrain the animal properly prior to clipping.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jilliane P from Minnesota
Absolutely awful. I've been shearing for almost 10 years, thought I would treat myself to a new style/pair. Does not cut well through llama or alpaca fiber. The customer service has been great about working with me though. I would say if you are used to the Oster Shearmaster Style, these are not the ones for you.
Janis B from Pennsylvania
I ordered the 4000s 20T Shear Package. My first time shearing my two pygora goats. These shears are fabulous! I’m so glad I found Premier 1. I researched a lot of shears on various sites before purchasing these. Also, the folks who work at Premier 1 are awesome — very knowledgeable and helpful.
Peter D from Minnesota
Got this for my horse crazy girls and since we ordered this 4 months ago for a Christmas gift they have trimmed quite a few full body cuts on horses and have gotten compliments from others at the barn of the cut quality and how nice the horses look.
Patricia M from Florida
After seeing a professional use these shears on our sheep we felt confident that these will be the best. The cheaper ones from another source overheated and were useless.
Maureen K from New Jersey
Bought to groom my Chow. Easy to use, not too heavy. So glad I finally decided to buy it!