ElectroFence® 11/48/12 Electric Netting
An effective electrified fence that keeps in sheep, goats, guard dogs and cattle while keeping out deer, coyotes and bear.
How it differs from PermaNet®:
- An extra “live” horizontal strand.
- Lowest live strand is only 4" above the soil (vs 6" for PermaNet).
- Verticals every 12" (vs 6").
- Strutted verticals instead of string. Less likely to sag between posts.
How it's similar to PermaNet®:
The same in all other respects (post size, post spacing, height and conductivity).
Pos/Neg fences—are for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
- 11 horizontals
- Horizontals are white and black
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 6", 6"
- Verticals are white plastic struts placed every 12"
- Posts are .75" PVC with a metal spike that goes into the ground.
- Posts are available with a single spike (SS) that goes into the ground or double spike (DS) that goes into the ground.
- Post spikes are 8" long and 0.31" in diameter on the single spike posts.
- Post spikes are 7" long and 0.31" in diameter on the double spike posts.
- Posts are spaced every 12.5'
- 48" tall
- Comes in 50' or 100' lengths
- 38 Ohms of resistance/1000 feet
- Every net comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
- Positive/Negative (Pos/Neg) comes with 2 clips on each end. 1 is to be hooked to the energizer like normal. The 2nd should be hooked to a ground rod. This is for places where the soil is very dry and the animals do not ground well.
- #204500 - $1.37 per ft (100' roll with single spike posts).
- #204501 - $2.22 per ft (50' roll with single spike posts).
- #204515 - $1.56 per ft (100' Positive/Negative roll with single spike posts).
- #204510 - $1.48 per ft (100' roll with double spike posts).
Weeds must be controlled for ElectroFence to remain effective. Either move and mow as needed during the growing season, or spray herbicide (see photos above) along the bottom strand of the net.
If you can’t do this, ElectroFence may not be the right net for you.
Tip: A PowerLink 4.0 (see accessories tab above) is recommended to attach the grounded portion of the Positive/Negative net to the ground rod.
Remember...netting must always be properly electrified!
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Even though this net is more stable than other nets, extra posts may still be needed to keep the hot strands off of the ground.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/SS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet 12/48/3, ElectroFence 11/48/12 or PermaNet Plus 12/48/3Item #206501 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.99
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/DS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet & Plus 12/48/3, Horse and Cattle QF 4/48/24 or ElectroFence & Plus 11/48/12Item #207046 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$3.52
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for Bear QuikFence, VersaNet 60, ElectroNet (DP), PoultryNet (DP), ElectroStop (DP), ElectroFence & Plus, PermaNet & PlusItem #201730 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206502 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.75" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.21
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206503 -
Replacement clip designed for the steel spikes on posts.$0.15
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Anna R from Ohio
I am using the ElectroFence 11/48/12. This is the easiest fencing I have put up to date. I was the only person that put it up. I am keeping boer goats in it. They are masters of escape, so I will continue to keep an eye out on the height of the flora the fence is on.
I did have to add posts between most of the given posts due to sag. I also got the double spiked product, which I'm glad of because we have rocky soil. I recommend getting the double spiked and using the top of a sledge hammer to drive the spikes the rest of the way into the ground.
Lori F from Nebraska
Excellent Product! We currently use several of Premiere's Electro Net fencing products for our rotational grazing with our Katahdin sheep and are pleased with those products.
This product is however, better. We purchased it to use with our alpacas, as we needed to create a pasture with trees FAST due to the heat this summer. This fencing is easy to use, and a heavier duty product. The added height works wonderfully with alpacas. We will be using more of this fencing, over time, with our sheep too. We purchased the double spike version.
Mary A from New York
We purchased this fence for the summer to house our Rams until their paddock is finished. It was very easy to install. We just decided to move it, and again it was very easy to work with.
Dale P from Alabama
Excellent quality! I bought this as a permanent, but mobile fencing for my goats. This netting is considerably more "heavy duty" than the Electro-stop netting. While, I believe the netting itself is the same, this netting is taller, and the posts and spikes are considerably heavier-duty. I'm VERY happy with this netting!