- One gallon
- Active Ingredients: Formaldehyde...37%
- Inactive Ingredients: Water & Methanol...63% (Methanol 11.5 to 12.5%)
How to Use
Store above 50ºF.
Shepherd’s Choice™ Management TipIt is possible to clear up footrot in large flocks. It will be difficult and depending on how much rainfall you receive annually, it may be very difficult.
- Separate your flock into affected and clean sheep. Keep the clean sheep free and work on the affected sheep. The best antibiotic to use is Zactran® given at labeled doses. Do not use “similar” antibiotics. It is expensive but will clear the infection.
- Trim the hooves on infected sheep. The infection is caused by two bacteria that are anaerobic, so trim the feet aggressively. If you are not hitting blood on 1 out of 3 feet you are not going deep enough.
- Periodic use of a formaldehyde foot bath (1 to 19 dilution) will help eliminate early infections and carriers. Use diluted solution in a walk-through foot bath every 4–6 weeks.
- Can be fatal if swallowed
- Treat in a well-ventilated area
- Use protective gloves and eyewear
- Keep out of reach of children
Read all warnings and cautions on label.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Skylor C from Missouri
Fast delivery. Product was as described and worked for what I needed it for.
Teman/Jeanette B from Oklahoma
We bought this to use in a walk through foot bath. We were pleased with the results. In a 2 week time frame, we experienced an out break of foot scald in 75% of our lamb crop out of 200 ewes. We penned the sheep at night and walked them through the foot bath for 5 mornings as they left to go to pasture. We waited 3 days and then gave a shot of LA 200 to anything that was still limping. I believe the few that were still limping were the first cases and it had progressed to separation of the hoof wall. I believe if we had walked the sheep through the foot bath at the first sign of lameness, we could have prevented such an outbreak from happening. We had experienced a very wet winter and spring. We plan on using the footbaths and this solution as preventative next spring.
Adriene A from Virginia
Finally I can order my own formaldehyde.
I don’t have to pay the vet or farrier $30 for 12oz. My order came well packaged and quickly. Thank you Premier 1 Supplies❣️You have a new and happy customer.
Marge C from Idaho
We found foot rot in the new sheep we had just purchased. Both ewes and lambs started limping, and upon inspection, the sores between their toes & the accompanying smell was apparent. We ordered formaldehyde from Premier with the standard shipping. It arrived exactly when it was supposed to. We set up the foot bath, and now a week later the foot rot is almost gone. No spills in the shipping, everything as expected. Thank you.
Michael C from Kentucky
Thank you for a quick mailing a quick response to my purchase.