Galvanized Cone Feeders
|Feed Saver Grill||optional||optional||optional|
|Anti-Soil Trough Guard||no||optional||no|
- Heavy-duty galvanized metal construction
- Feeds a wide variety of food stuffs: Crumbles, wheat, barley and cracked corn
- Quickly adjusts between (3) options to control feed output
Accessories (sold separately, colors may vary)
- Feed Saver Grill reduces wasted feed. Available for the 11, 22 and 44 lb capacity feeders.
- Anti-Soil Trough Guard protects feed in the trough. Affectionately called the “crap-flap” by Premier’s staff. Fits 22 lb feeder.
- Rain Hat protects both the hopper and feeding trough from the elements. Available for the 22 lb feeder.
- Hopper Lid (while supplies last) prevents birds from perching and soiling feed in the hopper. For indoor use only. Available for the 11 and 22 lb capacity feeders.
How to Use
To adjust feed output, release one locking clip toward the trough and lower hopper to the desired height. Repeat for each clip. Reverse to raise.
How to attach cone to base:
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Robin R from Alaska
I purchased this for a different brand of feeder than this Feed Saver Grill was intended. I knew it wouldn’t fit without modification, but it was simpler than trying to devise a DYI feed saver ring. I simply used dikes to clip the inside ring in several places to ease the ring down around the feeder until it fit. It works as intended once I modified it to fit my “off brand” feeder.
Mark P from Georgia
We had issues with chicken feed getting wet and moldy (bad for chickens). I was looking for solutions to the wet feed and found these rain caps, it was exactly like I was imagining as a solution! No more wet feed. The 22 lb feeders also hold a good amount of feed. I like that the feeders are metal also as they’re stronger and more heavy duty than my other feeders which are all plastic. This feeder works great for my backyard chicks, chickens and ducks!
Gueary R from Mississippi
I have sadly had some flimsy, moisture attracting poultry feeders over the years. Never been satisfied, until now.
The Premier 1 galvanized poultry feeders are not your typical feeders. Just a few words to describe... Sturdy, thick steel, with the rain caps, totally moisture resistant, bottom heavy for an absolute stance. There is no way I will purchase any other metal feeder from this day forward.
Susan M from Idaho
Well built feeder, very sturdy. I easily snapped in the adjusters, to set the feed depth. I like the food-saver grill which is preventing the wasting of food. Until my chicks go outside in 2 more weeks, I have the feeder on the floor (on top of two pieces of 2 x 6 boards to keep out shavings). The lid works great to prevent chicks from throwing shavings into the food or from roosting on top. Very happy with my purchase.
Eliza H from Washington
The flimsy lid just rests on top of the feeder and is a poor fit. It is quickly knocked off by the chickens, or blown off by wind. It is junk headed for the garbage.