Kid Finisher Trace Mineral Premix
A fortified trace mineral premix formulated specifically for goats destined for market. Maximize gains for a better return at sale.
- Mix 5 lbs of premix with 1 ton of goat kid feed
- Provides essential micro-minerals, including high levels of zinc, selenium and copper
- Nutritionist formulated to exceed NRC requirements
Add Sheep/Goat Vitamin A/D/E Premix for diets low in fresh forage.
CONTAINS HIGH LEVELS OF COPPER. DO NOT FEED TO SHEEP.
The GOLD Formula difference…
Formulated by Premier’s small ruminant nutritionist, Dr. Dan Morrical, Ph.D., Kid Finisher Trace Mineral Premix maximizes your herd’s health and immunity. Contains high levels of copper, zinc, iodine and other essential trace minerals.
Zinc, the most commonly deficient micro-mineral in forages, is not added in quantity to most other mixes. So we’ve increased zinc from 22ppm to 24,000ppm as fed (compared to other mixes) to promote stronger, healthier hooves. (Hoof growth is a long term process so benefits may not be seen for several months of continuous feeding.)
The key to avoiding copper deficiency is to provide a free choice mineral mix that is properly balanced between copper and molybdenum. (High dietary molybdenum can depress absorption of copper in goats.) Prevention of deficiencies now means fewer animals requiring treatment later on.
- Calcium (Ca), min 28.00%
- Calcium (Ca), max 34.00%
- Sulfur (S), min 3.4%
- Cobalt (Co), min 85 ppm
- Selenium (Se), min 130 ppm
- Iron (Fe), min 650 ppm
- Iodine (I), min 800 ppm
- Copper (Cu), min 10,000 ppm
- Copper (Cu), max 12,000 ppm
- Manganese (Mn), min 16,000 ppm
- Zinc (Zn), min 40,000 ppm
Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Sodium Selenite, Ferrous Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate.
Limestone is used as a carrier for calcium.
How to Use
Always provide a source of fresh, clean water.
Sample Rations using 5 lbs of Kid Finisher Trace Mineral Premix:
- Creep/Starter Ration – 19% (as fed) crude protein for goat kids under 30 lbs
- Grower Ration – 15% (as fed) crude protein for goat kids 30–60 lbs
- Finisher Ration – 12% (as fed) crude protein for goat kids over 60 lbs
- Cracked Corn…1641 lbs
- Soybean Meal (46)…300 lbs
- Salt…10 lbs
- Calcium Carbonate…30 lbs
- ADE Premix…2 lbs
- Ammonium Chloride…10 lbs
- Deccox…1-2 lbs
- Goat Kid Finisher Premix…5 lbs
* For All 3 Rations: If the ration is too dusty one can add molasses at 5% of the ration or vegetable oil at 2% of the ration in place of corn. One can also spray up to 5 gallons of water into the mixer while mixing.
* For Starter Ration: Feed high quality hay in the creep feeder to help attract goat kids to the feeder.
* For Finisher & Grower Ration: Limit long stem hay feeding at 5–15% of the goat kid’s intake will help with rumen acidosis. This will amount to .2 to .5 pounds per day. Excess hay feeding will reduce goat kid performance and self-fed large hay packages are discouraged as intake cannot be regulated.
Including more than 5 lbs of this trace mineral premix per ton of feed will exceed the allowable FDA intake levels of .69 mg of selenium per head per day.
Read all warnings and cautions on label. Follow mixing and feeding instructions carefully. For livestock use only.