Gripple Torq Tensioning Tool
- Tension wire up to 880 lbs
- Works on all Gripple units up to a 1/4" (6mm) diameter
- Heavy-duty plastic
- 17" long
- 1-1/4 diameter handles
How to Use
- Simply rotate the dial to the required tension.
- Open the tool handles fully.
- Locate the mouthpiece onto the Gripple unit and grip the wire with the cam.
- Squeeze the handles together to start tensioning the wire.
- Repeat until the required tension is reached.
- When the wire has achieved the desired tension, the tool will ‘click’ and the right handle grip displace slightly, to indicate tension achieved.
- As with any tool, good care will extend the Gripple Torq Tool’s life.
- Regularly lubricate the cam area for smooth operation.
- Replacement cam sets are available should the teeth wear.
Also refer to downloadable instructions above.
Never over tension wire. Often wire is over-tensioned, reducing the elastic properties of the wire. This will decrease the fence’s life resulting in early wire breakage.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Gary M from Minnesota
I was skeptical about the tensioning tool until I tried it. I thought there is no way a plastic tool with those short handles can be strong enough to stretch a fence like I want it. I was wrong. It's easy to use and will tighten just as well as any other fence stretcher I have used. The key is how it works with the gripple itself. It makes the already easy to use Gripples even easier. The short handles do require a bit of strength to get that final tension. Longer handles would be better in that regard. Overall, a great product.
Roger H from Oregon
I agree with Marc B, I'd like the handles to be longer and it to be made from metal. Gripple does manufacture that exact tool, the Contractor, which has a 10:1 ratio instead of 6:1. I wish Premier would start selling it, although the price is twice as much as this tool, and I'm not sure I would buy a second one at this point but would have liked to have had the option. I do think that this tool works well after a little practice and has help up, even though it is plastic.
I am giving it 4 stars because it great idea simple and easy to use. However the handles are too short and its difficult to give it that final tightening particularly when using the speed braces which are excellent. The handles are not long enough this may solve the above problem. Also in version #2 please, please make it out of metal..........ill pay the extra! Overall good for medium duty fencing.
Amazingly simple to use, sturdy and durable. Made installing the trellis a breeze!
The gripples and this tool combine to make pulling wire to the right tension a breeze. A real labor and time saver.