Speed Brace Cable by Gripple
- Includes: 1 Gripple and 1-16 ft cable
- Cable: 5/32" x 16'
- Breaking strength 1320 lbs
- Manufactured by Gripple
- Pass the loop around the lower end post. Slide the cable end through it.
- Slide Gripple over the cable.
- Pass the end around the top of the brace post and back through Gripple.
- Use the Gripple Tensioning Tool and it's done.
Note: We use 8' braces at Premier.
H Brace Mistakes
- Angles formed by horizontal bar, end post and brace wire are wrong. Result? The end post lifts up as you see to the right. Solutions? Either lower the brace bar or use a longer cross bar (10 ft or more). We now use an 8 ft long post as a brace bar but we set it only 36" above the soil. The brace wire attaches at the same 36" point.
- End post too small and/or not buried deep enough. For fences 3 to 4 ft tall, use 8" diameter end posts. Drive or set them 4 ft deep.
- Using floating braces. Regrettably we tried this design. They all ultimately failed.
- Live wires touching brace wires. When this occurs, as it does when posts move (like those shown at right have done), contact will occur and the fence will short out.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jon-Michael C from Alabama
These are very nice when assembling an H-brace or corner brace. No more twisting wire, just torque tight.
Justin M from North Carolina
Greatest thing since sliced bread! Cheap and fast to install. It’s hard to believe how tight you can get these with the little plastic handle torque tool! Worth every penny and then some.
James B from Iowa
Best thing ever. Stays tight.
Kevin K from Wisconsin
These work! Cable ends are never frayed and fit through the tensioner every time.
James B from Iowa
BIG 5 STARS! These are the best thing for anyone who needs to build H braces. Quick and easy. Love them.