Gripple Torq Tensioning Tool
Tensions wire fences without the need of an inline strainer or handle. Easy to use and lightweight.
The integrated torque gauge controls the load applied to the wire, giving consistent tension every time to optimize the life of the fence.
The Torq Tensioning Tool will work on all Gripple units up to a 1/4" (6 mm) diameter.
- Tension wire up to 880 lbs
- Works on all Gripple units up to a 1/4" (6mm) diameter
- Heavy-duty plastic
- 17" long
- 1-1/4 diameter handles
How to Use
- Simply rotate the dial to the required tension.
- Open the tool handles fully.
- Locate the mouthpiece onto the Gripple unit and grip the wire with the cam.
- Squeeze the handles together to start tensioning the wire.
- Repeat until the required tension is reached.
- When the wire has achieved the desired tension, the tool will ‘click’ and the right handle grip displace slightly, to indicate tension achieved.
See additional instructions above.
- As with any tool, good care will extend the Gripple Torq Tool’s life.
- Regularly lubricate the cam area for smooth operation.
- Replacement cam sets are available should the teeth wear.
Never over tension wire. Often wire is over-tensioned, reducing the elastic properties of the wire. This will decrease the fence’s life resulting in early wire breakage.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
John H from South Carolina
Beats crimps, and there’s room for more tightening!
Justin M from North Carolina
Might be plastic, but these things are super tough! Greatest thing ever for installation of H braces. Amazing how tight you can get the wire and it stays tight, period!
Kevin K from Wisconsin
This tool works awesome. You can set the tension you want, and it works just like a torque wrench.
Greg K from Minnesota
I am not impressed with this tool. It works to start tightening the wire splicer but, when any amount of tension is put on the tool, the gripping finger slips holding the wire. This mainly has to with tool being fabricated from plastic. Gripple makes a Contractor tensioning tool, made of metal, which works flawlessly. I would highly recommend to anyone to purchase that tool instead of the torq tensioning tool. Also, the Contractor tensioning tool has longer handles, which makes using it even easier to achieve the tension desired when building pasture fence.
Gary M from Minnesota
I was skeptical about the tensioning tool until I tried it. I thought there is no way a plastic tool with those short handles can be strong enough to stretch a fence like I want it. I was wrong. It's easy to use and will tighten just as well as any other fence stretcher I have used. The key is how it works with the gripple itself. It makes the already easy to use Gripples even easier. The short handles do require a bit of strength to get that final tension. Longer handles would be better in that regard. Overall, a great product.