Gripple Torq Tensioning Tool
- Tension wire up to 880 lbs
- Works on all Gripple units up to a 1/4" (6mm) diameter
- Heavy-duty plastic
- 17" long
- 1-1/4 diameter handles
How to Use
- Simply rotate the dial to the required tension.
- Open the tool handles fully.
- Locate the mouthpiece onto the Gripple unit and grip the wire with the cam.
- Squeeze the handles together to start tensioning the wire.
- Repeat until the required tension is reached.
- When the wire has achieved the desired tension, the tool will ‘click’ and the right handle grip displace slightly, to indicate tension achieved.
- As with any tool, good care will extend the Gripple Torq Tool’s life.
- Regularly lubricate the cam area for smooth operation.
- Replacement cam sets are available should the teeth wear.
Also refer to downloadable instructions above.
Never over tension wire. Often wire is over-tensioned, reducing the elastic properties of the wire. This will decrease the fence’s life resulting in early wire breakage.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.