Heated Poultry Waterer
Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft grounded electrical cord
- Supplied with 6 horizontal nipples. Replacement nipples sold under accessories tab above
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
The electrical plug cap (used during summer months) fits over a nub on the bottom of the bucket.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Lisa D from VA
I was so happy with this product that I bought a second one. I have 17 hens and don't have to haul water every day. Last winter I used a heated dog bowl and during the polar vortex the top layer still froze. I won't have that problem this year. Great product and I highly recommend it. I am know using year round and just store the cord until the temperature drops.
John E from Colorado
Over the past winters I have utilized a number of different styles of heated waterers for my chickens. Dirtiness and leakage always seemed to be an issue. The heated poultry waterer with nipples has proven to be an excellent solution to my winter operation. The chickens took quickly to drinking from the nipples with no "special training" required. I am very satisfied.
Greg P from Colorado
Great design! I have had a number of other types of heated waterers for my chickens and all have had some glaring issues that this waterer has seemed to solve. The ease of filling and hanging is great. The nipple fountains keep the water from being contaminated as does the domed lid that prevents a chicken from sitting on the lid and defecating into the water. The heat element is encased in the bottom and is not subjected to the water so no gross buildup on the heating element. The only negative thing that I would change would have to add more nipples I did appreciate the replacement nipples that were included. I purchased two of these and am happy I did. I anticipate they will be out of stock as the weather gets colder.
Debra K from Missouri
My chickens took to it fight away. I won’t have to keep there water clean
Candy S from Wisconsin
Awesome! So far I really love it! Very well made! Have not tried it out for the winter yet, looking forward to it. Did not take long to train chickens to use it. I really like that you can detach the electric cord and store it for the summer.