Heated Poultry Waterer
Provides clean water to the flock year-round. Internal heater keeps water flowing in temperatures as low as -20°F.
We’ve listened to your feedback and have introduced several improvements over the previous version:
- Larger capacity (3 gal)
- Secure, interlocking lid
- Heavy-duty handle for carrying and hanging
- Detachable cord for non-winter use
- Lid is secured to the base via unique interlocking tabs
- Conical lid shape to prevent birds from perching and soiling waterer
- Insulated lid traps warmer air inside waterer
- Integrated lid handle can be used for both carrying and hanging
- Electrical cord length has been increased to 16' to allow more flexibility without using extension cords
- Built-in thermostat turns heating element on at 40°F and off at 60°F
- (3) recessed nipples are a drip-catch design.
- Capacity: 3 gal (12 qt)
- Bucket Dimensions: 9"H, 13"Dia
- Overall Height: 14"H
- Suited for: Up to 35 adult birds
- 100-watt heater
- Detachable 16 ft grounded electrical cord
- (3) replacement nipples included. Additional drip-catch nipples can be purchased separately.
How to Use
The detachable cord can be stowed separately during warmer months.
The electrical plug cap (used during summer months) fits over a nub on the bottom of the bucket.
Nipples should be placed just above the birds’ heads. The birds should stretch up slightly to drink.
A few tricks for dealing with stubborn birds:
- Remove all other sources of water. Place the new nipple waterer in the old waterer’s location.
- Bring a bird’s beak directly to the nipple waterer and flick the nipple. You may have to activate the nipple with the bird’s beak to demonstrate the new water source. (See video above.)
- Place a sunflower seed in the drip trough. When the bird pecks at the seed, it will discover the new water source.
- Use a red laser pointer to direct chickens to the nipple. Similar to house cats, our chickens will chase and follow the red light. (This was inadvertently discovered by our photo dept and is now our go-to method for getting camera-shy birds to cooperate.)
You don’t have to train every bird in the flock. Just a few will do. Once the first chickens begin drinking, others will follow.
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Candy S from Wisconsin
Awesome! So far I really love it! Very well made! Have not tried it out for the winter yet, looking forward to it. Did not take long to train chickens to use it. I really like that you can detach the electric cord and store it for the summer.
John M from Utah
Recently purchased this product based on the reviews it gets. I have not been disappointed. It keeps the water cool, even on hot days (90°F). I had a waterer with cups previously and I was worried that my chickens would have a hard time with these new nipples. I used the trick of putting a sunflower seed in the nipple, and they were drinking out of it in 5 minutes! It hasn’t gotten cold yet, so I can’t comment on how it works in the winter, but so far, so good. I gave it 5 stars based on how it has worked so far. I’ll write another review in a few months, and hopefully be able to give it 5 stars again. I’m very satisfied!
Mark G from Michigan
Works very well for my small group of chickens. Haven't used in winter yet, but expect it to do well. Very sturdy, keeps water clean & fresh, and the insulation also keeps cool in our 80+ degree sunny days.
Sandra B from Virginia
Appears sturdy and well made. Since still summer can't comment about how heater works. Like that water stays cleaner than with other types of waterers. Hens used right away. Shipped quickly.
Jonathan H from Pennsylvania
Well designed and rugged waterer that held up to Pennsylvania cold without issue. Clever design with easy on/off lid that keeps out nearly all dust and debris. The shape of the lid also prevents roosting. The nipples were very easy for my chickens to learn how to use as well, in consideration that they went from a vertical waterer to this product. I have just purchased my second one as I recently expanded the flock. GREAT PRODUCT! Highly recommend!