HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to wear-and-tear and does not rot.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
Large Nesting Box
- 48"L, 20"W, 21"H
- Accommodates up to 48 hens throughout the day.
Medium Nesting Box
- 24"L, 20"W 21"H
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day.
Made in the USA.
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws. Use a threadlocker to prevent this.
- Somewhere hens feel safe and want to lay their eggs
- Accessible to egg collectors
- Easy to clean
Otherwise, hens will lay on the floor where the eggs are likely to be soiled. Encourage chickens, geese and quail to lay eggs in the proper nesting area by placing one ceramic or wooden egg per nest box.
Poultry SuppliesItem #540355 -
Solar-powered LED lighting kit provides illumination to poultry coops, tool and garden sheds or anywhere else plug-in power is inaccessible.$74.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brian O from Illinois
My family is in our first year/first flock of chickens. This is our second chicken related purchase from P1 and we couldn’t be happier. When researching this style nesting box I came across HenGear. And while this particular style nesting box is similar across a handful of brands, I feel HenGear really put some extra thought into their signature box vs competitor brands. When I moved our ladies from our FB marketplace coop to our permanent coop, I knew this product was a must to fit my whole goal of “easy maintenance”. I set it up as the rear rollout for easy access and to limit entering the coop.
People complained about the instructions but I had this thing together in about 20 min give or take. It’s not that hard to understand. Upon introducing the hens to their new home, I put two of them up on the roosting bar to explore the nesting box and soon after the other girls followed. I even left one egg, with the provided trainer egg propped inside the nesting area of the box. Later that day the roll out tray was full… including the trainer egg and previous days egg.
Overall, I am very thrilled with this nesting box and I firmly believe that this purchase will pay for itself! Eventually I’d like to get the auto roost release and the roll out warmer for our Midwest winters. Again, HenGear really seems to have put some thought into all of this.
My one and only complaint, there was a little dent on the front top of my shiny new toy… and the shipping box wasn’t damaged. But let’s be honest, this thing is made to take a beating from the years ahead!
Ruben G from Florida
Good service... on time, too! Thank you!
Keoni K from Hawai’i
I was surprised how fast my product arrived. Living in Hawai’i, delivery usually takes a long time. The installation instruction provided was a bit difficult for me. I had to go to YouTube for assistance which helped a lot. Overall a good experience. Mahalo!
Jeffrey C from Ohio
What a pain to assemble. Use the video and be prepared to pause it as you go. The paper instructions are really bad. It took me 45 minutes to assemble it, and it wasn’t intuitive at all. They do a nice job and mark each part. They definitely know what they are doing, its just that there are so many ways to line up the parts, you really have to pay attention, and be patient.
But, it is built well, has everything you need, well-crafted, and sturdy. Others are flimsy. This is probably the highest quality nesting box on the market, and it will last 25 years easy.
Think about the proper sizing. The medium says up to 20 hens “throughout the day”. I missed that part, and with 12 hens, there’s a line to get in haha.
I would recommend getting a larger one than you think because we are likely going to get a second one because oddly some hens lay eggs right outside of it.
Shirley L from North Dakota
My hens started eating eggs so I wasn't getting any at all. I decided to try the HenGear nesting box and now am getting plenty of eggs! The only problem I am having now are two hens are staying in the box and have figured out how to keep eggs under them. Those two will have to be moved out for a while and either let them have eggs to hatch or break the broody cycle. I definitely recommend this nesting box!