HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
Fall 2020 improvements (Large Box only):
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night.
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box.
Large Nesting Box
- 48"L, 20"W, 21"H
- Accommodates up to 48 hens throughout the day.
Medium Nesting Box
- 24"L, 20"W 21"H
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day.
Made in the USA.
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to corrosion and wear.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Large nesting box features a hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
- Metal construction does not rot.
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws, use a threadlocker to prevent this.
Only the Large unit arrives with the hinged back, wide nest pad and nesting egg. These features are not included in the Medium box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jennifer M from Tennessee
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.....
Tonya L from Alabama
Great nesting box for the price. A little difficult to put together.
Allison R from Massachusetts
I really like this product. The assembly directions were relatively clear and it was easily assembled in about 1/2 hour with some simple hand tools.
The girls started showing interest in it as soon as I put in it in the coop. I added some bedding, and the provided fake egg to the box and waited. The next day there was one egg in the box and one a few on the floor. I put a real egg in with the fake one and the bedding, and the next day all of the eggs were in the box!! It's currently being shared by 9 hens a week later.
I bought the medium and it still came with the back that folds in for access and the fake egg which was a nice surprise. It is cheaper than on the hengear website and arrived very quickly. I will probably buy another one when the rest of my pullets start laying. If clean eggs are a priority for you (I sell mine) I would definitely recommend this box.
Frank E from Ohio
Absolutely love the finished product, but it was difficult to assemble. The paper directions need to be more detailed. We ended up using the video on Premier’s website which helped a lot.
Ian M from Missouri
Well constructed. I waited till all the bolts were in and started before tightening them down. I didn’t have any alignment issues. There were two holes on the bottom that were absent. All else was as it should be.