HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to wear-and-tear and does not rot.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
Small Nesting Box
- Box: 24"L x 20"W x 21"H
- Nesting Pad: 23.75"L x 19.70"W
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day
Medium Nesting Box
- Box: 34"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 33.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 32 hens throughout the day
Large Nesting Box
- Box: 54"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 53.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 52 hens throughout the day
Made in the USA
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws. Use a threadlocker to prevent this.
- Somewhere hens feel safe and want to lay their eggs
- Accessible to egg collectors
- Easy to clean
Otherwise, hens will lay on the floor where the eggs are likely to be soiled. Encourage chickens, geese and quail to lay eggs in the proper nesting area by placing one ceramic or wooden egg per nest box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Wyspher W from Kansas
This henbox has been wonderful, my girls like it and my eggs are clean. No more egg eating. Shipping was fast!
Kristen L from New York
Seems ok, pain to assemble. Out of forty 5 month old chickens, only one used one of the two nest boxes, just one time in three months. I've baited it with all sorts to get them in, put brooder heaters under the egg part so they don't freeze, but not a hit. For the price & trouble... Flop.
Jennifer M from Tennessee
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.....
Tonya L from Alabama
Great nesting box for the price. A little difficult to put together.
Allison R from Massachusetts
I really like this product. The assembly directions were relatively clear and it was easily assembled in about 1/2 hour with some simple hand tools.
The girls started showing interest in it as soon as I put in it in the coop. I added some bedding, and the provided fake egg to the box and waited. The next day there was one egg in the box and one a few on the floor. I put a real egg in with the fake one and the bedding, and the next day all of the eggs were in the box!! It's currently being shared by 9 hens a week later.
I bought the medium and it still came with the back that folds in for access and the fake egg which was a nice surprise. It is cheaper than on the hengear website and arrived very quickly. I will probably buy another one when the rest of my pullets start laying. If clean eggs are a priority for you (I sell mine) I would definitely recommend this box.