HenGear Nesting Box
Easy-to-clean metal nesting boxes that meet the needs of medium or large flocks. Reversible roll-out tray can face forward, or out the back, protecting precious eggs from egg-eating hens.
- Hinged back allows outside the coop access to evict roosting hens from sleeping in (and soiling) the nest box at night
- Extra wide nest pad reaches from laying area into the collection tray. Pad provides a smooth ride for eggs and eliminates unsightly dust lines from wire mesh.
- Includes a wood trainer egg to encourage pullets to lay within the box
- Galvanized metal construction stands up to wear-and-tear and does not rot.
- Reversible tray allows flockmasters to choose which direction eggs roll-out.
- Hinged back door for night time access to evict roosting hens.
- Fold-up perch prevents hens from roosting in (and soiling) the boxes at night.
- Curtained nesting area provides ample privacy and security from the hens.
- Extra wide removable nesting pad. A plastic, ease to clean bedding replacement. Covers the laying and collection compartments to reduce soiling of the eggs.
Small Nesting Box
- Box: 24"L x 20"W x 21"H
- Nesting Pad: 23.75"L x 19.70"W
- Accommodates up to 20 hens throughout the day
Medium Nesting Box
- Box: 34"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 33.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 32 hens throughout the day
Large Nesting Box
- Box: 54"L x 19.5"W x 20"H
- Nesting Pad: 53.75"L x 19.40"W
- Accommodates up to 52 hens throughout the day
Made in the USA
Jostling from jumping hens can loosen screws. Use a threadlocker to prevent this.
- Somewhere hens feel safe and want to lay their eggs
- Accessible to egg collectors
- Easy to clean
Otherwise, hens will lay on the floor where the eggs are likely to be soiled. Encourage chickens, geese and quail to lay eggs in the proper nesting area by placing one ceramic or wooden egg per nest box.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Greg C from Nebraska
So far the hens are getting used to the new nesting box, and it is now clear we had some egg eaters before. Easy set up and fast delivery.
Sabrina L from Ohio
This is perfect! I had to modify it just a little to attach to the outside of my coop, but the simple design allowed for it. It works AMAZING! Fast delivery and excellent service! Recommend to every chicken owner.
Nathaniel S from Illinois
Bob A from Kentucky
Only a week, but chickens seem to like it. Watched video before and during assembly. Seems sturdy. I know Premier 1 poultry fences are great and I believe this will be the same.
Cheryl A from Tennessee
I absolutely love this nest box. My eggs are so much cleaner.