HogNet® 10/24/12 Starter Kit
Complete fence system contains all the essentials to keep your pasture piglets and pigs in, or deter feral hogs. 24" tall.
Starter Kit includes:
- 100 ft roll of 24" HogNet® electric netting
- (4) 24" FiberTuff™ support posts
- SolarStop™ 80 fence energizer
- T Ground Rod, 18"
- Fence & Battery Digital Tester
- PowerLink™ 4.0 to set up as a Pos/Neg fence
This net sets up as Pos/Neg for dry, rocky, sandy or winter soil conditions. This aids in overcoming poor soil conductivity.
Starter Kit includes:
- HogNet® 10/24/12
- 100 ft length, 24" tall electrifiable prefabricated fence. It arrives at your door as a complete roll with the single spike posts already built into the mesh/fence. Features 10 horizontals strands (9 electrified) with vertical struts placed every 12".
- FiberTuff™ Posts
- (4) fiberglass-reinforced support posts for ends, corners and major directional changes. Use at ends to help maintain tension on the fence.
- SolarStop™ 80
- Solar powered 0.80 joule fence energizer. Will electrify 3–6 rolls of electric netting depending on soil conditions and vegetation. Includes 12V 12Ah battery, wiring harness and 10 watt solar panel.
- T Ground Rod
- Ground rods, which are an essential component of any electric fence, guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. This 18" ground rod features a unique T handle, which makes it easier to grip when removing from soil.
- Fence & Battery Digital Tester
- For testing fence voltage and 12V battery voltage. At the end of the net, the voltage should measure at least 3,000V. Premier’s fence troubleshooting guide may help solve common problems.
- PowerLink™ 4.0
- For setting up as a Pos/Neg fence.
An electric fence does NOT have to make a circle. You can overlap the fences or make a U-turn.
Visit this link for answers to other common fencing questions.
Experience tells us that domestic pigs must be trained to electric fence . Failing to do so can be expensive—in damage to the fence plus the damage the escaped pigs might create. Inexperienced pigs may decide to respond like pigs—and charge forward through the fence instead of backing away.
- Set up HogNet® alongside (1 to 2 ft away) a secure permanent fence that the pigs can’t get through.
- Make sure the netting is electrified—at least 3000V at the end of the fence.
- Introduce the pigs to the fence and monitor for a few hours.
To set up HogNet as a Pos/Neg fence:
- Disconnect clips at both ends of the net.
- Connect lower clip to ground rod via PowerLink™ 4.0.
- Connect upper clip to fence energizer via fence lead (ground lead remains connected to ground rod).
Netting must be moved when tall grass covers the lower “hot” strands. The alternative? Apply a strip of herbicide to kill vegetation.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause posts to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
3-year warranty for energizers and solar panels cover lightning damage and defective parts or workmanship. Should an energizer fail, we will replace the unit, bill you for the cost to do so, then reimburse you for warranted expenses after we have examined the failed unit. Misuse and flood damage are not covered.
30-day warranty for all batteries.
Electric NettingItem #208066 -
24" electric fence specifically designed (if properly energized) to keep feral hogs out of fields, gardens, lawns and yards.$129.00
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for ElectroNet (Standard, Plus & Pro), HogNet, PigletNet Plus, RaccoonNet & VersaNet PlusItem #201700 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200700 -
Replaces lost or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.51" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.16
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200800 -
Clips fits to the spikes on standard electrified netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand in place and tensioned.$0.15
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michael O from Virginia
Part of the reason I went with Premier 1 were the multiple approachable guides and videos. As a complete novice, it made me confident that I was doing the right thing. I think our three pigs (and our curious dog) were trained within a day or two!
This kit was more than enough to get me started and wrap my head around what I needed to do in order to get set up. On that note, I would suggest picking up some more insulated support posts as the net’s plastic ribbing started to sag between long runs after a week or so.
Fence energizer is more than enough for the 100' provided; I read 10.2–10.5kV when their recommendation is to keep it above 3kV. The shut off button is easy to find and blinks brightly when it’s on, so it’s easy to turn off to take care of the animals.
Current cost at the farm store for a hog panel is $2.19/ft; this is nearly twice that, with most cost being sunk into the energizer. However, additional rolls of netting come out at 40% less than the hog panel. With guides and customer support provided by Premier 1, the lightweight and ease in moving/setting up the netting, and the extra pieces provided in the starter kit (digital tester, fence posts, repair kit), the economics also made sense.
Maegan C from Virginia
We got us a baby hog and he was already trained on the electric fence. It so easy and affordable. You can move it many times as you want with ease vs a T-post. You can shut it off by the switch in order to take care of your little oinker.
David B from Virginia
Great setup, I bought two sections of fence to alternate as I move hogs. My only concern was that it requires a grounding rod and it was not included in my kit. I don’t remember if the description says it’s included, but for the price and it being a “starter kit” I would think it should be included.
Allen B from Tennessee
Very good quality everything was as advertised. Fast shipping and packed very well,to prevent damage. Easy set up . Excellent set up for my pasture pigs. Buy it you won't regret it !
Eric H from Virginia
I have used the intellishock 60 charger for many years on my chickens with the perma net. This is our first go at pigs, we are using the hog net with another intellishock 60. Our 3 hogs are contained wonderfully and able to rotational graze our farm with ease.