Because of its contrasting colors, it's the most visible narrow tape on the market.
That's why it is so effective at stopping deer, horses and "spooked" cattle—and why many prefer it for temporary cattle fences.
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
- 3 years probable life*
- Use for: Portable fences
- Color: White/black/white
- Size: 1/2" wide
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 36 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Ability to carry a charge: Very good
- Type of conductive filaments: Tinned copper & stainless steel—makes this 400 times more conductive than stainless steel polywires
- Number of conductive filaments: 3 tinned copper & 3 stainless steel
- Ability to be seen by animals: Very good
- Type of non-conductive filaments: Polyethylene
- Ability to resist mildew: Very good
- Breaking strength: 200 lbs
- Attach a terminal insulator to end post.
- Tie end of tape to terminal insulator.
- Unroll tape along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Insert tape in line posts at the right height(s) for your animals (see below).
- Attach insulators (preferably the notched PI 21n to corner and end posts.
- Tie tape to terminal insulator at far end post. By hand, pull it tight enough to eliminate sagging between posts. Tie off by hand, or leave extra tape on the reel.
- Use one of our reels to rewind and store tape.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence. Turn on energizer. Check to make sure voltage is over 2000V.
Suggested Strand Height (from ground):
- For Sheep:
- 3-strand fence—35", 24", 12"
- 5-strand fence—36", 27", 20", 13", 7"
- For Cattle:
- 3-strand fence—40", 27", 15"
- 2-strand fence—34", 22"
- 1-strand fence—34"
- For Horses:
- 2-strand fence—48", 24"
- For Gardens:
- 2-strand fence—15", 6"
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
Effective for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US.$62.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Troy M from Mississippi
Great tape. Very sturdy and flexible at the same time.
Bruce K from WY
We love the visibility of the tape as compared to twine. We control 300 head of sheep with a single strand of this tape as we move across our pastures. They are far more apt to go through 5 wire barbed wire fences than the tape. Of course it works for cattle. too.
Brian N from Arizona
IntelliTape lasts, hands down, YEARS beyond any feed store tape I have bought—even at the same price.
The Arizona sun and wind takes its toll…I don't use anything but Premier1 products any more. Thank you for keeping my horses safe!
Elizabeth V from Virginia
Since I started using the intelliTape for my cattle's temporary pasture divisions, I no longer have a problem with deer or cows accidentally running into the line. The tape's extra visibility make it so worth the extra price. I've even used it confidently in place of exterior fences without a problem. I leave up my pasture divisions all season so this adds to the tape's lifespan.
c s from washington state
This is tape is very affordable and easy for horses to see in snow, green grass, yellow wheat fields, and dirt! My weanling had gone through our high tensile fence three times. She would just run for fun and I think she couldn't see the fence. I bought t post caps that also hold tape and intellitape. It was very quick and easy to install on the tops of our existing fence. Now the tops are safer and the fence is very visible. she has spent the entire summer (still running) safe in our fields. Money well spent.