Lamb 'N' Kid Feeding Bottle
An excellent plastic bottle specially designed for the rigors of feeding orphan lambs or goat kids.
Please look to the Wide Mouth Lamb ‘N’ Kid Feeding Bottle as a replacement. The wide-mouth version uses the same teats and is easier to clean.
- One pint/500 ml capacity.
- Measurements on the side of the bottle.
- Graduated every 50 ml and each fl oz.
- Bottle with supplied Pritchard Teat available.
- Feeding bottle can be microwaved with milk inside it. (Remove the teat first. Latex melts!)
- The bottle is small enough to fit into pocket of coveralls.
How to Use
Cutting the Pritchard Teat—Teats are supplied with no hole in the end and must be cut before use. Two different techniques can be used to cut the teat:
- The most common technique is to use sharp scissors and snip the tip off cross-ways. The more you snip, the bigger the hole, so don't overdo it.
- An alternate method is to not cut off the tip, but instead carefully slit the end into two halves with a razor. The two halves snap back together when not in use and self seal the end of the teat. Most importantly, this self-sealing method of cutting the teat allows you to place the teat in a partially inverted position, from which the lambs can suck at will.
- Be sure not to lose the tiny metal ball that rattles when you shake the teat. The teat will leak without this ball. This rarely happens and primarily only from washing the teats too aggressively.
- Do not use Clorox® to disinfect teats. The strong chemical reacts with the latex and can cause rapid disintegration of the teat.
- Be aware of imitation Pritchard Teats currently on the market. They can be identified by their stiffer, molded rubber material. Pritchard Teats are made with soft pliable latex. We have found in experimenting with imitation teats that they are difficult to use with weak lambs, goat kids or tiny lambs from triplets or quads.
- Do not leave teats sitting in the sunlight. Especially do not leave them sitting on a window ledge inside a building. This "greenhouse" situation has been known to heat the red latex until it melts into a gooey blob. As all areas of high heat are bad for this type of latex, it's best not to leave them close to an "active" wood stove or furnace.
- Do not clean the teats in boiling water. Use only warm water with a small amount of dishwashing detergent.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Lambing and Kidding AidsItem #622330 -
Complete feed for goat kids from the second day of life through to weaning. High-protein, non-medicated formula promotes early health and growth.$84.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Carol H from Colorado
I always use glass beer bottles with the black nipples for our lambs. However, when we started raising goats, those didn't always work the best for getting kids started on the bottle. I ordered one of these bottles last year and really like it. It has the ounces on the side so you can see how much the baby has eaten. Once they start eating a whole bottle I can switch to a glass bottle but these are great for getting kids started. I usually have 6-12 lambs/kids on bottles every year so any time saved is helpful!
Excellent Product and inviting look(instead of just a plain bottle)! I am also very grateful to Premier 1. When I looked at the receipt for the bottle I bought, the shipping and handling price was lower than what showed up on the invoice when you first purchase! Very thankful!
Caryl E. B
Great bottles. Worth spending the money. Can re-warm milk replacer in the microwave without the bottle melting (I do 15-30 sec on high, without the nipple.) Easier to clean that the soda and water bottles I was using.
A great product for newborn lambs. The Pritchard teat fits on this very well with no leaking (like trying to use many of the soda or water bottles). Fairly easy to clean with good bottle brush. I stopped bothering with a collection of soda and water bottles... just get a couple of these and save yourself some time. The measurements on the side are very helpful. Take care when heating it up.