Wide Mouth Lamb 'N' Kid Feeding Bottle
- 16 oz or 500 ml.
- Feeding bottle can be microwaved with milk inside it. (Remove the teat first. Latex melts!)
- Wide mouth makes it easy to add and mix milk in the bottle.
- Offset cap location allows better milk flow in bottle racks.
- Can be cleaned by hand or in a dishwasher.
How to Use
- Wash before each use.
- Screw off lid.
- Fill as needed.
- Screw lid back on.
Cutting the Pritchard Teat—Teats are supplied with no hole in the end and must be cut before use. Two different techniques can be used to cut the teat:
- The most common technique is to use sharp scissors and snip the tip off cross-ways. The more you snip, the bigger the hole, so don't overdo it.
- An alternate method is to not cut off the tip, but instead carefully slit the end into two halves with a razor. The two halves snap back together when not in use and self seal the end of the teat. Most importantly, this self-sealing method of cutting the teat allows you to place the teat in a partially inverted position, from which the lambs can suck at will.
- Be sure not to lose the tiny metal ball that rattles when you shake the teat. The teat will leak without this ball. This rarely happens and primarily only from washing the teats too aggressively.
- Do not use Clorox® to disinfect teats. The strong chemical reacts with the latex and can cause rapid disintegration of the teat. Be aware of imitation Pritchard Teats currently on the market. They can be identified by their stiffer, molded rubber material. Pritchard Teats are made with soft pliable latex. We have found in experimenting with imitation teats that they are difficult to use with weak lambs, goat kids or tiny lambs from triplets or quads.
- Do not leave teats sitting in the sunlight. Especially do not leave them sitting on a window ledge inside a building. This "greenhouse" situation has been known to heat the red latex until it melts into a gooey blob. As all areas of high heat are bad for this type of latex, it's best not to leave them close to an "active" wood stove or furnace.
- Do not clean the teats in boiling water. Use only warm water with a small amount of dishwashing detergent.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tammy T from North Carolina
These bottles are awesome! We have always used this style of nipple but it's so nice to be able to clean a wide mouth bottle instead of using soda bottles which are hard to clean. I would definitely recommend these to anyone that is bottle raising
Jane R from Washington
Easy to clean since they come apart into three pieces and the bottle mouth is a wide opening. Love the markings on the outside with a variety of measurements to pick from, so it is easy to pour just the right amount. However, the Ink on outside of bottle rubs off after many washings-wish it was more permanent. The black gaskets blend with the dark blue bottle part and are hard to see, the gaskets fall out and it is easy to lose them. It would be nice to see improvements in this department. Also, I don't think the gaskets are sold separately, but I am not sure. The bottles have been very handy having had three bottle feeders this year. Huge improvement over the first bottle we purchased two years ago, as the opening to pour milk is larger (addition of the dark blue part of the bottle between nipple and bottle. In my experience, the nipples only last one season between the lambs biting them and they get stickier as you continue to feed. Buy extra nipples and bottles to have on hand.
Stacey M from North Carolina
These bottles and nipples are amazing!! They deliver the milk in a perfect flow and the tiny goat babies have no problems with the nipple, it's the perfect size. The bottle is offset for flow and smartly designed! We used to use the black lamb nipples and beer bottles so we could sterilize them. We will only use the Pritchard nipple and wide mouth bottles from now on. We couldn't be happier!
Diana M from Montana
Tried others but these are the best! Easy to clean and the lambs empty them completely. Aids in a hands free feeding.
Christopher D from Missouri
Very pleased with these bottles and nipples. I was worried about the nipples because they look like what I had bought from the local farm store. They are not the same and work much much better than what I have. One happy customer!