lidoband™ Castration Bands
New! For castration of calves, lambs and goat kids. Delivers lidocaine as a local anesthetic. lidoband™ is a latex rubberband designed to be placed around the base of the scrotum.
Each castration band is infused with 80 mg of lidocaine, which provides local anesthesia beginning at 2 hours post-application and lasting up to 42 days.
To expand lidobands, use:
- Each band contains 80 mg of Lidocaine
- 40 per package (5 blister packs with 8 bands each)
- Each band is individually packaged in a foil-sealed blister
How to Use
- Puncture the blister surface with the band applicator
- Remove the band (while wearing gloves) from packaging while loaded on the prongs of the applicator
- Squeeze the applicator handle to spread the band
- Pull the testicles into the scrotum, place the band above the testicles and remove the applicator
Lidocaine is typically well tolerated. As with all local anesthetics, untoward effects may occur due to hypersensitivity. lidoband should not be used on animals with a known lidocaine sypersensitivity.
Read all warnings and cautions on label. Store in a cool and dry environment. Do NOT re-use the band. Keep out of reach of children. For livestock use only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.