Longhorn Shearing Machine Kits
If we were in the market for a new flock shearing machine, we'd buy this machine. Will do everything our Heiniger units do, but a lower cost. 110V plug-in or 12V battery. Both are pin-drive units.
This shearing season, we had our shearing crew use the Longhorn units instead of their usual equipment. They noticed no difference between the Longhorn and their standard unit.
The handpiece is very popular for its balance, lack of heat build-up and general quality.
- XT: 555w, 110V, 60 hz, 3350 RPM
- 3.2: 12V (battery), 3200 RPM, 11aH draw
- 100 aH battery will run the 3.2 for 4-5 hours
- Pin drive
- Drives all makes of combs and 4-point cutters
- Made in England
|Longhorn XT||Longhorn 3.2|
- Shearing machine motor (battery or 110V)
- Horner SureGrip handpiece
- Three 13-tooth combs (similar to Premier's Blackhawk 94)
- Six 4-point cutters (similar to Premier's Spitfire)
- Flexible drive shaft
- Bracket adaptor
- Shearing oil
- The hand-piece one of the best we have used. Comfortable over long periods and again, very low heat build-up over time.
- The 3.2 battery unit allows for use in areas away from an outlet. Useful with flocks on the range.
- More wallet-friendly than other units for the same performance.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Terry S from Ohio
Purchased the Longhorn XT Kit to shear small flock. They worked perfectly and was able to complete the job in little time.
Cynthia R from Idaho
Just what we needed!
Crystal E from California
Very pleased with this machine. I have been shearing my growing flock with a Premier handheld unit for 12 years and it was taking too long as our flock has doubled in size to 80 ewes in the last two years. I am not a professional sharer. I shear my ewes standing up tied to a fence. I was worried that it might be difficult to maneuver around the standing ewes but I had plenty of freedom with the flex shaft. Very happy I made the investment!
Mitchell M from Michigan
This machine is made for a pro for sure. It has a great deal of power. I sheared 16 sheep with it on my first use and the hand peice stayed warm but not hot like so many others which get so hot you have to stop shearing so it can cool. You must follow the instructions as it has many oil ports which must be oiled. This is a great machine and I think if I treat it well it will be the last one I will ever have to buy.