EZ-Mark® Marking Crayons
EZ-Mark® harness crayons are a great way to identify if a ewe or doe has been bred.
Crayons are available in red, blue, green, orange, yellow and black. For best results, use in outside temperatures from 40–80°F.
For outside temperatures lower than 40°F or higher than 80°F, look to Nettex Marking Crayons which are available in HOT/FIRM and COLD/SOFT options.
- Outside temperature range: 40–80°F
- Size: 4" length x (Front: 2" width, Back: 2 1/4" width) x 1" height
- Contains wax, colorants and inert excipients; no toxic components
- Metal cotter pin (hidden under the label) comes with each crayon
- Plastic case protects crayons during transport
- Compatible with Premier’s Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness. (Harnesses sold separately.)
Marking Crayons Compared
How to Use
How to take off the protective plastic cover:
- Hold in one hand so crayon itself is facing you.
- Push the crayon (hole in the center) with finger or thumb.
- Crayon should pop out.
How to install crayon into harness holder:
- Remove cotter pin out of back of crayon by making a slit down middle of sticker.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
We have been using EZ-Mark® Crayons for several years on our own farms in southeast Iowa with good success. (Weather in Iowa can change quickly between very cold and very hot.) It has puzzled us that some have indicated the same good results while others have expressed disappointment.
Regardless, enough folks have expressed frustration—especially in hot or cold climates—that we felt an alternative must be offered. So we brought in marking crayons from a reputable UK manufacturer. COLD/SOFT and HOT/FIRM crayons are available from Nettex for folks who want to try a different brand.
Jeff A from Iowa
I have the high temp crayons with the same result, the rams have rubbed them off in the 1st day. Also, when pulled out of the mold, they weren't even completely filled. I would like the manufacturer to come restrain 300 lb. rams while changing these crayons.
Tim L from Illinois
Hated these crayons. They do not last as long as other similar products bought elsewhere. We used hot crayons for July/August breeding. The crayon was gone in a day or two. Not the performance we've come to expect from Premier products. The only thing that keeps this from getting zero stars is the much improved pin - loved the fold over end and the need to only bend one of the other ends over to secure the crayon. Great delivery system, terrible crayon.
Deb D from Kansas
First of all, service from Premier is always prompt and accurate. The marking crayons and harness are working beautifully. Doing the job!!!
Mic H from South Dakota
They work good for us in December.
Sue C from Texas
I am disappointed in these crayons, as they are too soft. One of my bucks is wearing a harness with a Sullivan's Supply Mild crayon that was partially used before I put it on him Nov 18. He has bred 13 does since then and the crayon is still usable and marking just fine. The other is wearing a harness with a Premier regular crayon, and wore out his second new crayon yesterday, having bred 9 does. So even though Premier's crayons are priced lower, the actual cost of using them is higher, not to mention the time involved in restraining a 300 pound buck in rut every few days to replace the crayon. I will not buy these again, and do not recommend them.