MaxiShock is ideal for semi-permanent fences when visibility is not a factor.
Note: Pre-wound option includes a SupaReel spool. Carry and wind-up handles sold separately (see accessories tab).
Which conductor is right for you?We offer a wide-range of electrifiable ropes, twines and tapes to fit your situation. Visit this link to compare all Premier conductors.
- Very thick zinc coating (Class IV) of each of the 7 strands in the cable. It should last up to 10 years without rusting in humid climates.
- Low-tensile strength. Therefore, it's very easy to wind, unwind, cut, tie and join. MaxiShock allows simple, conductive, long-lasting connections without any tools other than side-cutting pliers.
- Excellent conductivity. 19ohms/1000 ft.
|Conductivity||19 Ω per 1000 ft|
|Visibility to Animals||Poor|
|Breaking Strength||160 lbs|
|Probable Lifespan*||10 years|
Less expensive per year of use than farm-store polywire and tape because it lasts so long.
- Attach a terminal insulator (T posts or wood posts insulators available) to beginning/end post. If fence section/length is under 1000 ft, you can attach MaxiShock directly to the terminal insulator at this end.
- Unroll MaxiShock along the fence line. (Using a SupaReel™ makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Attach insulators at desired heights on line posts and remaining end posts.
- Insert MaxiShock into insulators.
- Attach P Spring to end post and loop MaxiShock through the P Spring - just once at this point.
- By hand, pull MaxiShock tight until the P Spring is half compressed.
- Cut MaxiShock with wire cutters or a strong pair of scissors leaving about 4" to work with. Loop MaxiShock through end of P Spring again and wrap remainder tightly around fence line to secure.
- Use one of our SupaReels to rewind and store MaxiShock.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence.
- Turn on energizer.
Properly energized fences last longer and require less maintenance—because animals do not crowd, rub or scratch on them. Confirm voltage is at least 3000V at the end of the fence line. Tree limbs that fall upon the fence must be removed immediately.
Spacing of line posts must be adjusted to terrain. Always put a post at top of hills and bottom of valleys. Vary the spacing of rope strands according to type and size of animal(s), fence usage (boundary vs. subdivision) and the number of strands.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
Effective for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US.$74.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Mark B from Iowa
Easy to work with.
Ryan H from Pennsylvania
Easy to install and looks great.
Randall B from Virginia
We have an existing three board wood fence and goats routinely escaped from the pasture. We installed the MaxiShock and the problem was solved. Even the little goats are kept inside. Premier1 Customer Support was awesome in helping us order everything we needed.
Terry E from Missouri
Just installed this maxishock wire. It was easy to work with and appears to be better than the locally available single strand wire. Time will tell if it will last the 10 years that they say it will, but it looks like it will outlast anything else I could have purchased locally to use.
This wire is a pleasure to work with, can be twisted by hand etc. It also carries a shock! extremely well. Animals that always 'tested' the fence flat don't anymore-cows, sheep, lambs and horses, the dogs dno't bother it either.