Famous for 2 qualities:
- Has a very thick outer coating of zinc (Class IV). So it will last up to 10 years without rusting in humid climates.
- Low tensile strength. Therefore, it's very easy to wind, unwind, cut, tie and join. MaxiShock allows simple, conductive, long-lasting connections without any tools other than side-cutting pliers.
Note: Pre-wound option includes a SupaReel spool. Carry and wind-up handles sold separately (see under accessories below).
- 10 years probable life*
- Use for: Permanent fences
- Color: Silver
- Size: 1.7mm diameter
- Portability: Good
- Conductivity: 19 ohms per 1000 ft (lower number is better and more conductive)
- Coating: Zinc
- Ability to be seen by animals: Poor
- Breaking strength: 160 lbs
Less expensive per year of use than farm-store polywire and tape because it lasts so long.
- Attach a terminal insulator (T posts or wood posts insulators available) to beginning/end post. If fence section/length is under 1000', you can attach MaxiShock directly to the terminal insulator at this end.
- Unroll MaxiShock along the fence line. (Using Premier's reels makes this easier.)
- Insert line posts.
- Attach insulators at desired heights on line posts and remaining end posts. Plastic posts have clips built in so no insulators will be needed.
- Insert MaxiShock into insulators or built in clips.
- Attach P spring to end post and loop MaxiShock through the P Spring - just once at this point.
- By hand, pull MaxiShock tight until the P Spring is half compressed.
- Cut MaxiShock with wire cutters or a strong pair of scissors -leaving about 4" to work with. Loop MaxiShock through end of P Spring again and wrap remainder tightly around fence line to secure.
- Use one of our SupaReels to rewind and store MaxiShock.
- Install and connect energizer to a ground rod and the fence.
- Turn on energizer.
- Check to make sure voltage is over 2000 volts.
*Probable life is not a warranty by Premier. Why not? Because we know that longevity is highly dependent upon, but not limited to, quality of installation, insulator(s) used, rope tension, animal/wind/snow/ice/vegetation pressure and UV exposure (altitude and climate).
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Windup Systems and AccessoriesItem #238000 -
Effective for winding, unwinding and storing conductors. The SupaReel is the strongest fence reel in the US.$58.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Terry E from Missouri
Just installed this maxishock wire. It was easy to work with and appears to be better than the locally available single strand wire. Time will tell if it will last the 10 years that they say it will, but it looks like it will outlast anything else I could have purchased locally to use.
This wire is a pleasure to work with, can be twisted by hand etc. It also carries a shock! extremely well. Animals that always 'tested' the fence flat don't anymore-cows, sheep, lambs and horses, the dogs dno't bother it either.