Nest-O-Matic Galvanized Nest Box
- Galvanized Box: 12"L x 12.25"W x 16.5"H (approx. size)
- Roll-out Tray: 7.25"L x 12"W (approx. size)
- Includes one nesting pad (replacements sold above)
- Ships flat. Assembly required.
- Curtained nest area provides privacy and security
- Sloped top prevents roosting
- Roll-out tray features an adjustable slope (Note: Some eggs roll easier than others)
- Removable nesting pad reduces bedding needs and is easy to clean. Pad is made of polyethylene—not a “home” for bacteria.
- Durable construction—metal components are galvanized
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jason I from Georgia
Durable and easy to clean. I don’t have the nest box, I have another type and these fit fine but could even be trimmed to fit.
Erin N from Colorado
I got these to stop my egg-eating gal after trying everything else. It worked! Very pleased, I took one star off bc I thought assembly was frustrating: Many of the nuts included didn’t fit the screws so I had to use all my own hardware, and the pre-stamped holes didn’t always line up so I had to improvise a bit. I was very frustrated about the whole thing until I saw my first whole, uncracked egg waiting for me in the tray.
Melissa B from Minnesota
I was pleasantly surprised at the material and sturdy construction. It's a decent size for a large hen. I haven't been able to entice my hens to use it yet, so I'm not sure if the roll away works. I did put a golf ball in it and it rolled into the protective space, and then I used a plastic egg and it rolled too. I had to situate the plastic eggs so they wouldn't roll and the hens will see them and trust it's a safe place to lay. I will be purchasing two more.
Mary B from California
I ordered two nesting boxes. One is mounted on wall inside hen house, but my hens stopped laying eggs for the winter. A few feathers left on the laying pad gives me hope my hens will adjust. The other nesting box could not be assembled yet because one metal side panel was defective along one corner bend. Holes could not align. Took it to a machine shop to straighten and reshape corner bend.
Cheryl D from California
Love, love, love this nesting box! No more pecked or broken eggs. True test will be next spring when the scrub jays try to raid the nesting boxes. Hopefully this will foil their attempts, but they are clever critters.