Nettex Marking Crayons
Marking crayons make highly visible marks on ewes (or does) to let the shepherd quickly know which animals have been bred (and which haven't). Record the ear tag number and date for an estimated lambing/kidding date.
3 temperature options: All-weather, Cold/Soft, and Hot/Firm. (See table below for temperature recommendations.)
- Size: 4" length x (Front: 2" width, Back: 2 1/4" width) x 1" height
- Contains wax, colorants and inert excipients; no toxic components
- Metal cotter pin comes with each crayon
- Plastic cover protects crayons during transport
- Compatible with Premier’s Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness. (Harnesses sold separately.)
Marking Crayons Compared
|Colors:||Red, Blue, Green||Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Black||Red, Blue, Green||Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, Black|
How to Use
How to install crayon into harness holder:
- Remove cotter pin.
- Remove plastic cover.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
The reviews have been mixed on Premier’s EZ-Mark® Crayons so we brought in harness crayons from a reputable UK manufacturer as an alternative. When marketed in Europe, Nettex crayons are available only as “all-weather”. But for the US market where the weather can fluctuate between extremes, they’ve introduced COLD/SOFT and HOT/FIRM options.
For folks familiar with Premier’s EZ-Mark crayons, Nettex All-weather crayons will offer similar performance in mild temperatures (40–80°F).
(Some customers have asked for the crayons that Pipestone used to supply prior to Premier's acquisition. Nettex is the same brand that Pipestone offered.)
Charles M from Tennessee
Crayon was too soft.
Susan K from North Dakota
Crayons seem to be holding up very well and we are very satisfied with them. We ordered the soft crayons and are not having any trouble with them marking in the cold climate.
Monte B from Iowa
Crayola fell out of holder and did not mark ewes.
Sharon S from Ohio
These cold weather markers are working very well since the temperatures here have dropped. Very easy to see who the ram has bred.
Deb B from Iowa
Great product. In-laws purchased Packers (Green and Yellow) colors for this Bears loving farm! Other than that truly excellent product.