Original Snack Stick Seasoning
- Seasons 5 lbs
- Seasoning Ingredients: Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Spices, Mustard (1.35%), Garlic Powder, Sodium Erythorbate (1.18%), And Less Than 2% Tricalcium Phosphate Added As An Anticaking Agent
- Cure Ingredients: Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red #3 (For Color), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid
- Contains: Mustard
- Contains No Gluten, No MSG
How to Use
To make smaller batches: Use 5 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1 ounce of water for each pound of meat used.
- Grind a mixture containing at least 20% pork or pork fat.
- Dissolve seasoning in water. Mix thoroughly with meat until tacky.
- Make sticks with the Jerky Cannon by shooting onto a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 200˚F. Place sticks in oven and dry for 1 hour and 15 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Stuff into sheep casings or 17-21mm collagen casings and smoke in smoker or cook in oven at 180˚F until the internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
Dehydrator Cooking: Place on rack in dehydrator and dry according to manufacturer's instructions.
This product is manufactured in a facility that processes tree nuts.