- 8.5" long without tension
- 1" wide
- Stretches to 35 lb (half compressed)
- Stainless steel
- Should not rust
- Use with all types of rope conductors
- Easy to use
How to Use
- Attach one end of spring to a terminal insulator. (The P Spring will simply hook over some insulators; for others, you will need to tie the spring to insulators with rope or wire.)
- Attach conductor to other end of spring by taking the loose end of conductor and putting it through open end of spring.
- Pull conductor until spring is 1/3 to 1/2 compressed.
- Run conductor through the loop one more time and tie off.
- Whenever conductor becomes loose, repeat above steps.
However, if you don't have a helper to hold the tension on the rope, you may loose too much tension in the process of getting the RopeLink wrapped around the rope.
Solution: Attach the P Spring to the terminal insulator and loop the rope through it twice. Then pull the rope tight so the P Spring is FULLY compressed. When you get the RopeLink attached, you may have lost some of the tension on the rope, but the P Spring is half compressed just like it should be.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I really like these springs. They are much smaller than the ones at our local TSC, which I like. Keep my braided fence tight.
40 acres of 14gauge steel wire electrified with one spring every quarter mile per line on a support post, running a 3 line fence and anything that hits it bounces off and the return to tension is impressive. these springs are a must if running any electric fence not considered high tensile. Not like anything you can find at a local feed store. They give and take with temperature fluctuations and will save you on repairs in the long run...don't set up your electric fence without these!
Sarah P from Illinois
This spring works perfectly as advertised. The product itself is great. The only problem I had is with the shipper. They put my box it a clear plastic garbage bag and left it in the ditch at the end of my very long and shared driveway. Anyone could have stopped and picked it up and I would have never known. Good thing it looked like garbage. I won't place a high dollar order if this is the delivery method.
John M from CO
Simple and effective. My local stores only had large high tensile springs. These are great for a single strand of electric fence.