PermaNet® Plus 12/48/3 Electric Netting
Electrifiable perimeter fence for chicken yards or to protect gardens from small varmints and deer. For use in all seasons. Recommended for locations where the fence will not be moved often or very far. 48" tall.
Each roll is a complete fence with the posts already built into the conductive mesh. PermaNet has thicker posts with longer ground spikes than other nets. And its posts are spaced every 6'8" to reduce sag. Stronger posts withstand the effects of wind, rain, ice and snow much better than standard netting.
You will need a fence energizer to electrify the net.
Which PermaNet® is right for you?We offer many fences to fit your situation, including complete starter kits, different lengths, multiple colors and line posts with single or double spikes. Visit this link to compare all PermaNet options.
No extra gates needed. Just turn off the energizer and pull the first post to create an opening. For added convenience, a PoultryNet® Gate can be used to provide easy access without the need to turn the energizer off.
- Contain and control the movement of chickens, ducks and other poultry for a month or more at a time.
- To prevent raccoons, foxes, opossums, coyotes, bears, dogs, skunks and other ground-based predators from attacking and killing poultry.
- As a perimeter fence to exclude small critters and deer from gardens, fruit orchards, sweet corn and tree plantings.
- For backyard, boundary or subdivision fences that will be moved infrequently.
- Can be used to contain and control livestock other than poultry, such as sheep, goats, cattle and guard dogs.
- 48" tall installed
- 12 horizontal strands (11 conductive)
- Horizontals are white and black (visible for humans and animals against all backgrounds) or green and black (for those who prefer to have the fence blend into the background or landscape).
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 2", 2", 2", 2", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 8", 8"
- Verticals are white plastic strings placed every 3"
- Line posts (0.75" dia.) are available with a single spike (SS) or double spike (DS)
- Line posts are made from PVC and are spaced every 6'8". Additional posts means less sag and a more versatile fence.
- Metal spikes are 8" long and 0.31" dia. on the single spike posts; 7" long and 0.31" dia. on the double spike posts.
- Available in 25', 50' or 100' lengths
- 35 ohms of resistance per 1000'
Each roll comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
- #207110 - $1.83 per ft (100' black/white roll with single spike posts)
- #207125 - $1.83 per ft (100' green roll with single spike posts)
- #207100 - $1.93 per ft (100' black/white roll with double spike posts)
- #207120 - $1.93 per ft (100' green roll with double spike posts)
- #207111 - $2.46 per ft (50' black/white roll with single spike posts)
- #207105 - $3.18 per ft (50' black/white roll with double spike posts)
- #207121 - $3.18 per ft (50' green roll with double spike posts)
- #207106 - $3.60 per ft (25' black/white roll with double spike posts)
- #207122 - $3.60 per ft (25' green roll with double spike posts)
We suggest installing PermaNet with two people. Why? Because of its extra weight and longer posts. It can be handled, installed and removed by one person, but having another person on each end of the posts doubles the productivity and makes it easier for both.
Pushing or stepping posts into the soil is still a one-person task. And so is pulling the posts out of the soil. But these tasks take more effort because the spikes are both larger and longer. (After all, it doesn’t work to have a strong, well-supported post without large and long spikes.)
See PDFs and videos above for additional installation instructions.
Electric fence is a pain barrier, not a physical barrier. A common mistake is not electrifying it. Animals may escape or become entangled (and may die). On a % basis, entanglement is very rare, but it can and does occur. If animals are scared or starved it will not keep them in. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Even though PermaNet is sturdier than other nets, extra posts may still be needed to keep the lower “hot” strands off of the ground. Weeds must be controlled for the fence to remain effective. Either move and mow as needed during the growing season, or spray herbicide along the bottom strand to kill the vegetation. If you can’t do this, PermaNet may not be the right fence for you.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause post spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
With PermaNet, the bottom hot wire can slip off of the plastic portion of the end posts onto the metal spikes. This will cause a dead short and no energy will be on the fence. Unhook the energizer and slide the hot wire back onto the post. Reconnect the energizer to the net and test.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/SS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet 12/48/3, ElectroFence 11/48/12 or PermaNet Plus 12/48/3Item #206501 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$2.99
Posts and AccessoriesItem #206504 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$2.99
Posts and AccessoriesItem #206505 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$3.58
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/DS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet & Plus 12/48/3, Horse and Cattle QF 4/48/24 or ElectroFence & Plus 11/48/12Item #207046 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting.$3.52
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for Bear QuikFence, VersaNet 60, ElectroNet (DP), PoultryNet (DP), ElectroStop (DP), ElectroFence & Plus, PermaNet & PlusItem #201730 -
A handy kit that includes all of the essentials to repair tears and holes in electric netting.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206502 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.75" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.21
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206503 -
Replacement clip designed for the steel spikes on posts.$0.15
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Valerie W from Virginia
Put it up by myself (not recommended but do-able). Very sturdy and much better quality than other vendors (I tried some electric netting from another company and was disappointed). The stakes stay in place although easy to move when needed. I feel confident that my small goat herd is safe (and confined). We live in a neighborhood so the green netting isn't an eye sore and blends in nicely. Great product all around.
Selina B from Texas
Wonderful product. I upgraded to this from the yellow chicken netting, and there is a vast difference. Sturdier poles (and more of them) really make a difference in the integrity of the fence. I was (with moderate difficulty) able to use a small sledgehammer to drive the single stakes into our very hard caliche ground (we have minimal topsoil here). I chose the green/black combo and it is not the eyesore the bright yellow of the chicken netting was.
Jim S from West Virginia
I would have given a 5 star rating except, I felt that the explanation on powering up the fencing was lacking. Outside of that, the fence was easy to install and does what it's supposed to do.
Travis C from Iowa
PermaNet® Plus 12/48/3 (100' x 48" b/w roll), double spike.
This is the second purchase I have made for this fence. The first one is 2 years only and has worked so well to keep my chickens in that I am adding another 100' this year to give them more room to graze. It is durable and easy to move.
Linda M from Texas
My husband is a truck driver and gone most of the time,so I am by myself and this fence was the best investment I have made I do not worry about my chickens, and it was so easy to put up I will order another fence to add on