Phantom S Shearing Comb
For expert shearers. Sharp tips and no bevel. 3.5 mm thick, 77 mm wide.
For shaping show sheep and cattle.
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Blocking sheep, beef cattle and dairy cattle
- 20 sharp tip teeth—so never use it against the skin
- 3.4 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Similar to Oster 20 TBC and Sullivan's blocking comb
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
#10 White Clipping Oil, 4 oz bottleItem #258200 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$3.20
Combs and Cutters - Large
Comb LifterItem #862700 -
Leaves a layer up to 0.75" of uncut fiber on camelids, goats and other hair species.$5.00
Combs and Cutters - Large
Ceramic CutterItem #850040 -
Holds cutting edge up to 3 times as long as normal cutters.$16.00
Spitfire CutterItem #850000 -
Standard 4 point cutter for shearing machines. Works well with Premiers combs and shearing heads.$9.50
Storm Shearing CutterItem #850030 -
The tooth shape of this cutter enables it to run evenly across the comb. Use with 9-tooth combs like our Apache.$11.00
Premier Comb/Cutter BoxItem #824606 -
Use this handy box to keep expensive combs and cutters organized, clean, safe and lubricated.$3.20
Comb ScrewdriverItem #824600 -
For securing combs to shearing machines. Provides more leverage than a normal screwdriver and fits comb screws on all major shearing units.$3.00
#10 White Clipping Oil, 1/2 gal. jugItem #258400 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$20.25
Imprinting - Large Clipper Blades, Combs or Cutters (each)Item #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50