Pig QuikFence® 6/30/12 Starter Kit
Complete fence system contains all the essentials to fence in “free-range” pastured pigs. 30" tall.
Portable electric netting eliminates the need for heavy wire panels and is simple to install and remove. Selectively till gardens, pastures, woodlots or just about anywhere else on the farmstead.
Starter Kit includes:
- As a perimeter or subdivision fence for pastured pigs.
- Allows pigs to forage gardens, orchards and fields after harvest.
- Replacement for pens made of heavy wire panels.
- Pig QuikFence® is intended for domestic pigs. To deter feral hogs, consider HogNet® instead.
Starter Kit includes:
- Pig QuikFence® 6/30/12
- 100 ft length, 30" tall electrifiable prefabricated fence. It arrives at your door as a complete roll with the single spike posts already built into the mesh/fence. Features 6 electrified horizontals strands with vertical struts placed every 12".
- FiberTuff™ Posts
- (4) fiberglass-reinforced support posts for ends, corners and major directional changes. Use at ends to help maintain tension on the fence.
- SolarStop™ 80
- Solar powered 0.80 joule fence energizer. Will electrify 3–6 rolls of electric netting depending on soil conditions and vegetation. Includes 12V 12Ah battery, wiring harness and 10 watt solar panel.
- T Ground Rod
- Ground rods, which are an essential component of any electric fence, guide the pulse from the soil, back into the energizer. This 18" ground rod features a unique T handle, which makes it easier to grip when removing from soil.
- Fence & Battery Digital Tester
- For testing fence voltage and 12V battery voltage. At the end of the net, the voltage should measure at least 3,000V. Premier’s fence troubleshooting guide may help solve common problems.
Experience tells us that domestic pigs must be trained to electric fence . Failing to do so can be expensive—in damage to the fence plus the damage the escaped pigs might create. Inexperienced pigs may decide to respond like pigs—and charge forward through the fence instead of backing away.
- Set up Pig QuikFence® fence alongside (1 to 2 ft away) a secure permanent fence that the pigs can’t get through.
- Make sure the netting is electrified—at least 3000V at the end of the fence.
- Introduce the pigs to the fence and monitor for a few hours.
An electric fence does NOT have to make a circle. You can overlap the fences or make a U-turn.
Visit this link for answers to other common fencing questions.
Netting must be moved when tall grass covers the lower “hot” strands. The alternative? Apply a strip of herbicide to kill vegetation.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause posts to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
3-year warranty for energizers and solar panels cover lightning damage and defective parts or workmanship. Should an energizer fail, we will replace the unit, bill you for the cost to do so, then reimburse you for warranted expenses after we have examined the failed unit. Misuse and flood damage are not covered.
30-day warranty for all batteries.
FencingItem #208062 -
A portable electric fence designed to keep "free range" pastured pigs in. Quickly allow pigs to forage gardens, orchards and fields after harvest.$99.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #201721 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Joseph F from Virginia
Great design, but not for piglets. And yes, I did purchase a piglet fence after watching ours run right thru. Fence is great quality and I’m looking forward to years of use on our homestead.
Heidi H from Georgia
This system ROCKS! We were up and running in less than an hour and the pigs are where they need to be! I’m a big proponent of solar fencing and we will be return customers as our regenerative farm expands!
Frank C from New York
Fence is easy to set up and my Kunes respected it from the first shock. The Kunes would lift up hog panels and go under them and get out at the worst times. I should have done this years ago.
Michelle A from Tennessee
This fence is so easy to set up. We love it and I am also glad we ordered an extra roll, it will help when we move the pigs!
Jenni C from Vermont
I am very impressed with this net fencing. Shopping was incredibly fast, setup was easy, and there were very clear and detailed instructions with it. The fence seems to be very high quality, the posts are sturdy, and it has worked well to contain our energetic little piggies.