- For grain, salt, mineral or water. Can be set right on the ground in all weather conditions.
- Feed or water sheep, goats, livestock protection dogs, ducks, geese and poultry.
- Made of Polypropylene
- Base: 60"L x 12.25"W
- Top: 58.5"L x 9.25"W
- Depth: 5.25"
- 8 gallon capacity
- Difficult for animals to tip over.
- Stackable for easy movement and storage.
- Side handle allows it to be inverted with a toe to tip out water or ice.
- Won't break if water freezes in it.
- Water depth allows waterfowl to bathe their heads and necks.
- Rounded inner base prevents sheep and goats from standing in the feeder.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Susan G from Pennsylvania
Weight is suitable for me to carry easily, and like that it stacks on each other as this is better storage and delivery to the field. I have tried it to feed loose minerals and though there was a jam to get the minerals, the sheep did not tip the trough over or damage it in any way. I have not had water freeze in it as yet so can't rate removal of ice , but so far I am delighted with the trough as are my sheep. It definetly would be a recommendation to a fellow shepherd.
Brian K from Maryland
We have been using these for two years on the road grazing and I just ordered two more. They hold up great even to rowdy goats and do not get pushed around like our other troughs.
Robert C from New Hampshire
These troughs work great, but don't last. I was very happy with this product for about 4 months, then my sheep knocked the bottoms out of all four (2 of the 5-footers and 2 of the 3-footers). With no bottoms, these troughs don't work well at all!
My sheep have no trouble flipping these over - as soon as they finish the grain, they flip them to get anything they spilled off the ground. Apparently a 200 pound sheep is heavy enough to break the bottom of these troughs when they are upside down.
I will not recommend this product, and I will not buy it again.
Olga B from North Carolina
Love, love, love these. Hate paying for shipping but in the long run we've decided these are worth it. Lite, wasy to move. easy to clean. work GREAT with our sheep!
Leon E from Florida
Love them. Expensive but worth every dollar.