- For grain, salt, mineral or water. Can be set right on the ground in all weather conditions.
- Feed or water sheep, goats, livestock protection dogs, ducks, geese and poultry.
- Base: 60"L x 12.25"W
- Top: 58.5"L x 9.25"W
- Depth: 5.25"
- 8 gallon capacity
- Difficult for animals to tip over.
- Stackable for easy movement and storage.
- Side handle allows it to be inverted with a toe to tip out water or ice.
- Won't break if water freezes in it.
- Water depth allows waterfowl to bathe their heads and necks.
- Rounded inner base prevents sheep and goats from standing in the feeder.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jeb W from Texas
My intention was not to use it as a feeder but as an electrolysis tank. As a feeder it would have been great. The measurements were misleading causing it to be too small for its intended use. Here are the true inside measurements at very top 54 3/4"L x 6 7/8"W x 5 3/4"D. It starts curving rapidly from the top. The very bottom is 49 5/8" long. I would recommend it for its intended use as a nice heavy duty feeder, but if you want to use it for a de-rusting tank is it not well suited for that due to the curved bottom.
Heather S from Pennsylvania
Porta Trough 5 - Perfect Size for watering our Ducks, Chickens and Guinea fowl in Winter with use of a small electric deicer to keep water from freezing! It will be great for the summer too. Easy to empty, clean and refill. Easy for a woman to empty and move around. A must have for any Farm or Mini Hobby Farm!
Brian P from Ohio
Great feeder and very well made. We were using several buckets or round feeders before. The dominate goats would then chase everyone off the buckets. With this long feeder the dominate goats will leave everyone alone a little better. Hasn't totally gotten rid of the problem but seems to help.
The best feed trough for sheep and goats, they can't jump into them or lie in them, easy to carry, move anywhere you want, easy to clean, and the animals can't flip them over. Strong, thick plastic. Best investment I've made, has made feeding time much easier.
Cathy G from North Carolina
Great through... great quality. Would definitely recommend! Thanks