PoultryNet® and PoultryNet® Plus 12/42/3 Kits
Simplify your purchasing decision with a PoultryNet kit—includes both the net and extra support posts. You will need a fence energizer to electrify the net.
Used to control the movement of chickens, ducks and other poultry on a daily or weekly basis. Arrives to your door as a complete roll with the line posts already built in.
Recommended for containing heavy, non-flying birds (e.g. Orpingtons and Wyandottes).
- 1-164 ft roll or 1-100 ft roll of 42" tall PoultryNet. Choose either single spike posts (SS) or double spike posts (DS), see below.
- 4-additional FiberTuff™ step-in posts for corner and end support.
Which PoultryNet® is right for you?We offer many fences to fit your situation, including complete kits, different heights and lengths, multiple colors, drivable posts and positive/negative options for dry soils. Visit this link to compare all PoultryNet options.
No extra gates needed. Just turn off the energizer and pull the first post to create an opening.
PoultryNet “Plus” is identical to standard 42" PoultryNet, but to help with sagging, we’ve added more posts to shorten the distance between them (6'8" vs. 12'). More posts means less sag and a more versatile fence which adapts easily to curves and hills.
Double spike posts are more stable in soft soils.
- Contain and control the movement of chickens, ducks and other poultry on a daily or weekly basis.
- Prevent raccoons, coyotes, foxes, dogs, and other predators from killing poultry.
- Rotate poultry to fresh grass as a food source and to reduce disease risks.
- Keep small flocks in the backyard. When managed well, chickens are an indispensable garden tool—turning pesky insects and weeds into rich compost.
- Can be used to contain and control livestock other than poultry, such as goats.
- 12 horizontal strands (11 conductive)
- Horizontals are white and black (visible for humans and animals against all backgrounds) or green and black (for those who prefer to have the fence blend into the background or landscape).
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 2", 2", 2", 2", 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 6", 8"
- Verticals are white plastic strings placed every 3"
- Line posts (0.60" dia.) are available with a single spike (SS) or double spike (DS). PoultryNet Plus is available only with double spike line posts.
- Line posts are made from PVC and are spaced every 12'. PoultryNet Plus has 6'8" between posts, which means less sagging between posts.
- Post spikes are 6" long and 0.26" dia.
- Netting kits available in 100' or 164' lengths
- 35 ohms of resistance per 1000'
Each netting kit comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
See PDFs and videos above for additional installation instructions.
Electric fence is a pain barrier, not a physical barrier. A common mistake is not electrifying it. Animals may escape or become entangled (and may die). On a % basis, entanglement is very rare, but it can and does occur. If animals are scared or starved it will not keep them in. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Netting must be moved when tall grass covers the lower “hot” strands. The alternative? Apply a strip of herbicide to kill vegetation.
Warning! Due to risk of fire, do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting or electro-plastic conductors such as rope, twine or tape. Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier’s website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing. Ice and heavy snow can flatten netting and thereby damage it.
Dry or frozen ground may cause post spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed. We recommend using drivable or single spike posts in hard soils. Double spike posts provide more stability when the ground is soft.
With PoultryNet, the bottom hot wire can slip off of the plastic portion of the end posts onto the metal spikes. This will cause a dead short and no energy will be on the fence. Unhook the energizer and slide the hot wire back onto the post. Reconnect the energizer to the net and test.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 15/42/SS, (white) - Use with: ElectroStop 10/42/12, E'Stop 9/42/6, PoultryNet 12/42/3, Chicken Net 12/42/3 or Goat Net 9/42/6Item #203041 -
These are replacement posts only for Premier's netting. (Not all shown at right.)$2.30
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 15/42/DS, (white) - Use with: ElectroStop & Plus 10/42/12, E'Stop 9/42/6 or PoultryNet & Plus 12/42/3Item #207007 -
These are replacement posts only for Premier's netting. (Not all shown at right.)$2.65
Electric NettingItem #201710 -
A handy kit that includes all of the essentials to repair tears and holes in electric netting.$2.00
Electric NettingItem #200800 -
Clip designed for the spikes on standard netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand from sliding up and creating a gap at the bottom of the net.$0.12
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #202203 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.575" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Julie B from Texas
Great way to allow the chickens to range without wandering off where they are prone to encounter predators. Good addition to rotational grazed the keeps the chickens where you want them
Edna P from West Virginia
I bought it to corral the chickens, it had to be the best. The stakes make it easy for a female. Not real heavy and no hammers needed. I will definitely buy from Premier1 again.
Pamela H from Kansas
We were introduced to this fencing while watching "Coop Dreams". It seemed easy enough to put up, and seemed to be exactly what we were looking for. Our chickens are kept in a very secure run, but we wanted to extend their play yard, to give them more exercise and variety. We ordered it, and the install was so easy! We have great flexibility with the area we want to incorporate on any given day. The girls are LOVING IT! It so fun to watch them out in their play yard, chasing bugs and scratching in new territories. We highly recommend this to everyone!
Michael S from Ohio
Wonderful temporary fencing for my chickens. The have however taken flight to just barely make it over the fence. I got the 40". For chickens I would suggest the 48"
Brian R from Oregon
It is definitely worth it to get the poultry net plus. The extra support poles and shorter distance makes the fence substantially more stable, functional, and a whole lot less frustrating to set up. Premiere has the the best poultry netting you can by, and great customer support!