Premier Top Blade
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clipping and Shearing MachinesItem #828001 -
For precise removal of fleece and hair. Easy to set up and tension. A powerful, lightweight, cool and quiet motor delivers more torque to the clipper blades.$332.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Laura B from Virginia
I didn’t realize one of the blades was broken so Premier called to verify if they should replace it. I sent in 12 blades total for resharpening and the turnaround time was great!
Tara F from Louisiana
My order was delivered quickly and ordering was easy.
Gary K from Washington
If you want value added service that pays attention to details and will work with you, Premier 1 Supplies should be your go-to place when possible.
We sent 9 sets of clipper blades in to the folk at Premier for sharpening. MOST places would probably have just taken what they were sent, run them through their machines and sent them back. BUT, the folks at Premier 1 care more than that. After several rounds of phone tag, we finally connected and I was informed that 2 of the top blades were ‘worn’ past sharpening, did I want them replaced?
The new replacements came matched to the bottom blade (comb), AND the two worn out blades were sent back for comparison. And yes, there was no shoulder left to sharpen on the bad ones. After close to 12 years of use on who knows how many hundreds of animals, no wonder. It’s not always about the product, it is more often about the service. 15 years now we’ve used Premier 1 Supplies for our clipper blade needs and never any regrets!