PrimaShock® 8 Fence Energizers & Kits
8 joule output dual-power (AC/DC) fence energizer. Provides ample power for your ranch or large grazing operation. Low-impedance circuitry generates a short, strong pulse to cope with weeds and other green vegetation.
- Low cost per joule: 8J output
- Adaptable for plug-in (AC), or battery (DC) operation
- 5 operating modes to suit your situation
- Digital LCD shows energizer output voltage, pulses per second and battery voltage (when used as a DC unit.)
- Day/night and battery saving modes
Plug unit into a 110V wall outlet, or connect to an external 12V battery. (Connectors included for both. See Specifications below.)
|Energizer Only||Plug-in Kit*||Battery Kit*|
|PrimaShock™ 8 Energizer||✔||✔||✔|
|(4) Ground Rods (galvanized)||6 ft||6 ft|
|(4) Ground Rod Clamps||✔||✔|
|MaxiShock Insulated Cable||1-100' roll||3-10' rolls|
|Wiring Harness||✔||✔||110V AC Adapter||✔||✔||✔|
|DC Battery Leads||✔||✔||✔|
- 6-8 miles of 3 strand cattle fence
- 4 miles of a 5-7 strand sheep fence
- 30-35 rolls of 164' sheep/goat nets
- 15-17 rolls of 164' poultry nets
- Requires a grounding system. Inadequate grounding is the most common failure in an electric fence system. We recommend 24 ft. of grounding for this energizer.
- 12V battery draw is 150-330 milliampere (mA) per hour. With this energizer, a 12V, 100 ampere hour deep-cycle battery will last 4 days. (Assumes 60% drawn down between charges.)
- To operate as a solar energizer, run the unit as a battery unit (DC) and attach a solar panel to charge the battery. (20-70 watt panel recommended.)
- 8 released joules
- 8 joules in moist soils
- 0.76 joules in dry soils
- 12V DC draw: 150-330 mA/hr
- 110V draw is 4 watts per hour
- 10"W x 8"H x 4"D
- Integrated on/off switch
- LCD display for output voltage and battery condition. (Replace or charge battery when battery voltage drops below 12.2V)
- A wiring harness is included to connect energizer to fence and energizer to ground rod.
- 5 operating modes:
- Full Energy—pulses every 1.2 seconds
- Reduced Energy—output power is reduced 25%, energizer pulses every 1.2 seconds
- Short-day/Long-night—daytime pulse every 1.2 seconds, 2 seconds at night. Best used for day grazing with low predator pressure.
- Long-day/Short-night—daytime pulse every 2 seconds, night pulse every 1.2 seconds. Use with well-trained livestock exposed to heavy predator pressure at night.
- Battery Saving—output power reduced 25% and pulses occur every 2 seconds. Best for well-trained livestock and low predator pressure.
To use the energizer as a plug-in unit:The energizer can be mounted either inside or outside of a building. The energizer must be mounted vertically. If placing outside, protect the energizer from direct rainfall.
- Connect an insulated cable (stripped back 1–2" on ends) to the fence terminal on energizer, run the cable to the fence line and connect, or use the positive part of the wiring harness.
- Then run a second length of cable from the ground terminal (with ends stripped again) on the energizer to the ground rod(s), or use the negative part of the wiring harness.
- Secure to ground rod(s) with a clamp.
- Plug the energizer directly into an outlet and test fence. Do not use an extension cord as it may cause a decrease in voltage and expose the unit to the elements.
To use the energizer as a battery unit:
- Attach wiring harness to energizer.
- Attach the bare end of the wire with the red clip to the fence terminal of the energizer. Attach the red alligator clip to the fence.
- Attach the bare end of the wire with the green clip to the ground terminal of the energizer. Attach green alligator clip to the ground rod(s).
- Connect the energizer to the battery. (Batteries sold separately.)
- Insert battery adapter into the energizer. Attach red alligator clip from the adapter to the red “+” terminal of the battery.
- Attach black alligator clip from the adapter to the black “–” terminal of the battery.
Unit indicator light should flash and a tic-tic sound will be heard. If the indicator light doesn’t flash, then the unit/battery should be checked.
- PrimaShock fence energizer
- 50W (or 80W) solar panel with regulator
- 12 volt, 44 amp hr SLA battery
- Support box and solar panel brackets
- Ground rods, insulated wire and clamps
- Digital fence tester
To Reduce Risk & Liability
- Never place your head or upper spine near an electrified wire. Accidental head or neck contact can occur when pushing a voltage probe into the soil. Be careful when doing so to avoid head-to-wire contact!
- Never attempt to step over or climb through an energized fence of any kind.
- Never encourage anyone to touch an electric fence.
- If using the energizer as a battery unit, do not charge the battery while the energizer is connected to the battery.
Start by measuring the voltage at the end of the fence line. If the voltage is below 3000V, follow these steps to determine if the problem is with the fence, or the energizer.
Test the energizer first!
- Turn off the energizer.
- Disconnect the wires going to the fence and ground stake/rod.
- Turn the energizer back on.
- Measure the voltage on the energizer between the two terminals (positive and negative) with a digital voltmeter or other high-voltage tester. Touch one end to “-“ (earth terminal) and the other end to “+” (fence terminal). The reading tells you how well the energizer is working without any other variables.
- If the tester reads below 5000V, then the energizer (or possibly the battery) is the problem. If the voltage is above 5000V, then the trouble lies with your fence.
If the fence is at fault:
- Conductors touching another wire, steel post or the soil
- Broken or damaged insulators
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
TopItem #M505 -
Replacement parts for PrimaShock Energizers that have worn out or broken.$10.80
TopItem #MA02 -
Replacement parts for PrimaShock Energizers that have worn out or broken.$1.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Peggy W from Virginia
The quality and price of this energizer is amazing. I have no complaints. Wow, what zap even thru heavy weeds. More energy efficient then my old IntelliShock. Thank you Premier staff for always being there for me. No one will be disappointed with this energizer.
Charles G from New Hampshire
Works great! Have it set to half power right now and burns weeds that touch the wire, and still hits at 8k. Worth every penny.