The most effective and gentle "antidote" for a prolapsed ewe.
Used to hold a vaginal prolapse in long enough to get the ewe to her lambing date.
The soft red nylon webbing minimizes risk of tissue damage around the udder and vulva (a much too frequent result of homemade twine efforts).
Used in conjunction with a prolapse retainer.
- Allows you to help the ewe carry her lambs to full term.
- If prolapses are treated when small, the success rate is very high.
- Makes the ewe more comfortable and able to urinate on her own.
- The neck, back, and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- We find that these harnesses will last for many years with moderate care.
How does it work? When a ewe strains, her neck drops and her back arches. This pulls the cross webbing of the harness tighter against the vulva and also pulls the retainer (if one is used) into the ewe. Most ewes soon cease to strain. Although ewes can lamb past a harness, we remove it when lambing starts.
- The neck, back and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes
- Snap buckles enable easy attachment, removal and adjustment
- Made from 1" and 2" nylon strapping
- Approximate adjustment sizes:
- Neck, 36"
- Neck to hips, 26"
- Hip around leg, 45"
Do not grab onto the harness as a way to catch a ewe. The buckles are designed for harness adjustment only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
SuperLube™, 8 ozItem #550800 -
An all-purpose antiseptic OB lubricant for lambing and kidding. Very useful if a lamb (or kid) goes dry during birth.$6.00
Prolapse Harness and Retainer
Prolapse RetainerItem #559000 -
Best used in conjunction with a prolapse harness for keeping sheep and goat prolapses contained.$2.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jennifer N from Texas
Did its job. Only thing is that it was slightly bigger than my ewe but nothing you can’t fix.
Lee M from Texas
I am very pleased with this prolapse harness. Very easy to use and my ewe is doing great.
Katherine M from Tennessee
Worked liked a charm. This is a must for anyone who has sheep.
Brother A from Maine
Great product. Very easy to use and good quality.
Don H from Minnesota
These are much more effective in keeping prolapses in place. I use them with the traditional spoons.