Nice small size for lambs and kids.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order—see "Customization" below. If ordering "blank" tags, type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
Not Scrapie approved.
- 1.625" x .4375"
- 20 per package.
- Polyurethane. 2-piece tag.
- Insert tags using Q-flex, Pro or Allflex applicators.
- Larger and much more permanent than Qwik Tags.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
- Can be custom imprinted: 1) Consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. 2) Up to 2 lines of 13 characters per male/female side.
- Can also handwrite on them with Marking Pens.
- Not Scrapie Approved.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 13 characters and 2 lines per side.
- Logos/Brands a one-time $15 setup fee per design.
- Imprint location - male side, female side or both. Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters either in the "Customization Instructions" box in the Shopping Cart or the "Comments" box on the Payment Options screen.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order…
- Blank Tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag and please call Premier at 1-800-282-6631.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags. Use our Marking Pens.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. NOTE: Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Van F from Georgia
Good quality and price. Shipping and handling was high in my opinion.
Kaley S from Kentucky
I love these tags! I have a herd of registered Boer goats, I’m trying to grow my numbers ( currently at 15!) it is getting harder to keep names straight and who is related to who. These tags are very small which is what I wanted they went in easy, look good and shipped really fast! I will definitely be reordering.
Ann R from Wyoming
I like that these are easy to apply. My lambs don't cry and the tags are light weight enough that they don't pull the ear down.
Eddie W from Tennessee
We are very pleased with the product and service. We were notified of an error in shipment, but return and correct shipment were handled expeditiously. This is our first experience with having lambs and the tags seem to work great.
Matt/lisa M from Ohio
Love these for their size. But the black ones do not stay in the applicator. I use this color to identify the male lambs. I will try a different color next year.