Temporary nylon loop ear tag for lambs and goat kids.
Customize your tags! We can customize your ear tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order—see "Customization" below. If ordering "blank" tags, type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
Not Scrapie approved.
Qwik Tags are not hand-writable.
- 1-1/2" x 3/8"
- 20 tags per package.
- Nylon. 1-piece tag.
- Insert tags using a Qwik Tag Applicator.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Salmon, Orange, Lime Green, Light Blue, Red and Dark Blue.
- Can be custom imprinted:
- Consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name.
- Up to 1 line of 13 characters per male/female side.
- Not Scrapie approved.
- Qwik Tags are not hand-writable.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint:
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 13 characters and 1 line per side.
- Logos/Brands: A one-time $25 setup fee per design.
- Imprint location - male side, female side or both. Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters either in the "Customization Instructions" box in the Shopping Cart or the "Comments" box on the Payment Options screen.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order…
- Blank Tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag and please call Premier at 800-282-6631.
How to Use
Use the Qwik Tag Applicator to install the tags:
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified. Custom imprinted ear tags are not returnable.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Patsy A from Ohio
Very good for the price. Nice for small lambs. Stays in the ear until market time.
Carlene D from Maryland
I am a retired nerd who bought a farm and have become very interested in the structure of fiber and breeding sheep who produce excellent wool. It is very important to keep track of breeding lines and the ear tags I purchased from Premier 1 are excellent for the task. I like the way they easily fit on a lamb’s ear and inserting them is quick and simple. No harm done. The different colors of Qwik Tags let me see at a glance who sired which lambs — I assigned red tags to Rusty’s lambs and the blue Qwik Tags to Grayson’s lambs. Chip’s lamb’s will wear green and Lane’s Qwik Tags will be yellow. I like living simply and Premier helps me stay organized.
Roxanne P from Iowa
These are the best ear tags for us. They are easy to put in and not bulky. Got two colors to separate the males and females.
Roxanne P from Iowa
Absolutely love these tags. We get two colors and they work great. Highly recommended!
Alexandra A from New York
Works great to tag newborn lambs.