Sheep Blankets (w/o neck)
Use sheep blankets to keep sheep clean at shows or sales, as a cover to keep twine, hay, etc. out of high-value fleeces and as a warmer in very cold conditions.
For large-framed sheep. Use with our sheep hoods.
- Has two leg straps.
- Machine washable.
- Quality materials using single and double stitching.
- Low shrinkage when washed (only 1/2" in our tests).
- Dual-label system for sizes. Labels in the front seam and tallies near tail on each item.
- Consistency in sizes and designs. (Too many current blankets notably vary within sizes.)
- Material is cotton/poly canvas—combines strength, durability and breathability.
|Small||35"L x 19"H|
|Medium||39"L x 21"H|
|Large||43"L x 23"H|
|XL||46"L x 25"H|
|2XL||49"L x 26"H|
|3XL||52"L x 27"H|
|4XL||54"L x 28"H|
|5XL||58"L x 30"H|
How to Use
- Once you are relatively confident in the size of blanket your sheep needs, unfold the blanket and locate the "head hole".
- Put the head of the sheep through this hole and allow the blanket to go as far down the neck as possible.
- Straighten and arrange the blanket. The longer portion of the blanket should run the length of the sheep and shorter side should drape along the chest of the sheep. Pull the blanket straight/tight in all locations and strive to keep the seam of the blanket centered along the back of the sheep.
- Connect the leg straps around the back legs. There are two common methods for doing this. The first is to simply undo the snap and move the strap so it is on the inside of the leg and then re-snap it to the D-ring. Do this to both legs and the blanket will stay in place in 95% of the time if it is the correct size for the sheep.
For the situations when the blanket tends to fall off, there is an alternative connection system called "crossing". When crossing leg straps, you will simply undo the snap on the left side of the blanket and connect it to the right side D-ring. You will then take the snap on the right side of the blanket and connect it to the D-ring on the left side of the blanket. Thus the leg straps will now be crossed.
Sheep should be able to take a free and easy stride with either method, so if you notice a restricted stride, lengthen the straps (each strap has the ability to be adjusted, no extension material is required).
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Foot Trimming and Care
Trimming Stand with HeadpieceItem #819600 -
For grooming show sheep and goats, shearing or foot trimming. Restrains animals at a comfortable level. Galvanized steel construction.$308.00
Blankets and Hoods
Hood, SMALL (110 lbs & smaller), 5" x 19.5" x 20"Item #820011 -
Head cover for sheep and goats. Attach to full body sheep blankets for complete coverage.$12.00
Blankets and Hoods
Hood PinItem #820020 -
Head cover for sheep and goats. Attach to full body sheep blankets for complete coverage.$1.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Eva S from Idaho
Great product. We have been through many styles of blankets/coats/tubes and this is our favorite one for adult/yearling sheep. It is light weight and breathable and stays on well. Sheep don't mind it so don't try to get it off. Whether it's in the trailer, pen or in a pasture it stays on and stays put with no slipping. The hood is a great addition and keeps the head and neck from getting full of alfalfa during feeding. It also washes easily. Comes in a bunch of sizes and fit our really big ram and our bigger ewes. Easy and quick to put on even wild sheep!
Patricia S from WI
Excellent quality, well sewn and nice fit. Great value for the price!
Brent B from Nevada
Very good quality canvas cover. True to size. It kept our lambs clean for the 4H county fair. Very pleased with covers and the hoods. Also, very fast shipping. My order was here before I knew it.--Would definitely order this product again and very happy with sevice and shipping.
Mary M from NJ
Good, sturdy canvas, easy to put on and adjust. Great for 4-H animals during show season!