Spirit Shearing Comb
A general purpose comb. Popular for beginning shearers, small flocks, dagging sheep, fly-strike treatment. 3.2 mm thick, 77 mm wide.
- For blocking show sheep
- For shearing sheep, llamas and alpacas
See our comparison chart for choosing the right cutter and comb for each situation.
- Shearing sheep, llamas, alpacas
- Blocking sheep (blocking)
- 13 tooth
- 3.2 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Similar to Heiniger's Ovina, Sunbeam's Pacer and Oster's P1082
- Fits any 3" shearing head
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearing machine.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust will destroy both the edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact.
Sharpening and Cleaning
- Premier offers an in-house resharpening service for all combs, cutters and blades. Rapid turnaround—most are sharpened within 24 hours.
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb and cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
#10 White Clipping Oil, 8 oz bottleItem #258300 -
A high-quality clear clipping and shearing oil to lubricate blades, combs and cutters. Reduces risk of stain to wool fibers and hair.$4.20
Comb ScrewdriverItem #824600 -
For securing combs to shearing machines. Provides more leverage than a normal screwdriver and fits comb screws on all major shearing units.$3.00
Spitfire CutterItem #850000 -
Standard 4 point cutter for shearing machines. Works well with Premiers combs and shearing heads.$9.50
Combs and Cutters - Large
Ceramic CutterItem #850040 -
Holds cutting edge up to 3 times as long as normal cutters.$16.00
Imprinting - Large Clipper Blades, Combs or Cutters (each)Item #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Andrew N from Ontario, Canada
We are extremely pleased with the Spirit comb as well as Premier’s service over the many years. The quality is very good!
Christine J from North Carolina
I’ve used these combs for years. I like them better then Lister and Osters. They hold their edge better. I have had tooth break off a couple of combs and not sure how it happened. Didn’t realize it until I started shearing. It happens I guess. Otherwise they are great. Fast shipping too which impressed me.
C Denise W from North Carolina
I understand this is a known issue but I can't express my extreme frustration at paying $28 for a brand new shearing blade that needs to be sharpened before you use it the very first time.
Heather S from Minnesota
Very smooth use for us amateurs! Works wonders on my Icelandics.
Steve M from Washington
Fast service, quality products.